Kwikset HomeConnect 620 Lock

Please provide your hub model (C7, C8, etc.) and its platform version from Settings>Hub Details.

Check out the following post for help troubleshooting problems and gathering details that will help others to identify and solve the problem you are experiencing: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

I have a C7 Hub.

I added a Kwikset 620 Lock, and used Generic Z-wave Lock.

Here is the device details after I added it.

• deviceId: 9128
  • deviceType: 2065
  • firmwareVersion: 7.21
  • hardwareVersion: 1
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x55,0x98,0x9F,0x6C
  • manufacturer: 144
  • protocolVersion: 7.13
  • S2: 132
  • secureInClusters: 0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x87,0x73,0x80,0x70,0x62,0x4C,0x63,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x71,0x8B,0x5D,0x4E,0x7A
  • serialNumber: 98690002
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true

When I press unlock button, it properly unlocks and it shows the status as "unlocked"

Current States

• alarm : off
  • battery : 100
  • codeChanged : added
  • lock : unlocked
  • lockCodes : {"1":{"code":"0516","name":"code #1"},"2":{"name":"code #2","code":"1432"}}
  • maxCodes : 250
  • mute : unmuted
  • numberOfButtons : 3
  • pushed : 0
  • soundEffects : {"0":"None","1":"Ding Dong","2":"Ding Dong Tubular Bell","3":"Traditional Buzzer","4":"Electric Buzzer","5":"Westminster Chimes","6":"Chimes","7":"Cuckoo","8":"Traditional Bell","9":"Smoke Alarm (Low)","10":"Smoke Alarm (High)","11":"Fire Evacuation Buzzer","12":"Carbon Monoxide Sensor","13":"Klaxon","14":"Klaxon (Deep)","15":"Warning Tone","16":"Tornado Siren","17":"Alarm","18":"Deep Alarm Tone","19":"Alarm (Archangel tone)","20":"Alarm (Shrill)","21":"Digital Siren","22":"Alert Series","23":"Bell","24":"Clock Buzzer","25":"Christmas Tree","26":"Gong","27":"Single Bell Ting","28":"Tonal Pulse","29":"Upwards Tone","30":"Door Open"}
  • tamper : clear
  • volume : 100

When I press lock button, it shows the status as unknown, and the lock is not turned on.

Current States

• alarm : off
  • battery : 100
  • codeChanged : added
  • lock : unknown
  • lockCodes : {"1":{"code":"0516","name":"code #1"},"2":{"name":"code #2","code":"1432"}}
  • maxCodes : 250
  • mute : unmuted
  • numberOfButtons : 3
  • pushed : 0
  • soundEffects : {"0":"None","1":"Ding Dong","2":"Ding Dong Tubular Bell","3":"Traditional Buzzer","4":"Electric Buzzer","5":"Westminster Chimes","6":"Chimes","7":"Cuckoo","8":"Traditional Bell","9":"Smoke Alarm (Low)","10":"Smoke Alarm (High)","11":"Fire Evacuation Buzzer","12":"Carbon Monoxide Sensor","13":"Klaxon","14":"Klaxon (Deep)","15":"Warning Tone","16":"Tornado Siren","17":"Alarm","18":"Deep Alarm Tone","19":"Alarm (Archangel tone)","20":"Alarm (Shrill)","21":"Digital Siren","22":"Alert Series","23":"Bell","24":"Clock Buzzer","25":"Christmas Tree","26":"Gong","27":"Single Bell Ting","28":"Tonal Pulse","29":"Upwards Tone","30":"Door Open"}
  • tamper : clear
  • volume : 100

Because of this, I am not able to run any rules either. Please advice what can be done to resolve this.

Thanks a lot

What about if you manually lock it? Have you tested with the door open to be sure it is not getting jammed?

Yes, I am able to manually lock it.

And what gets reported to the hub when you do? locked or unknown?

Its very inconsistent.

I bought it from Amazon as a used item, thinking that it is faulty, may be should go ahead and return it

Unknown would usually get reported when it thinks it is possibly jammed or not fully locked. That is why I said to test it with the door open, so there is nothing to obstruct the bolt. I do not have a kwikset but for mine if it gets resistance locking remotely you can hear the motor try a couple of times then it gives up. If it locks smoothly then it just makes one continuous motor sound and locks.

If it reporting unknown even with the door open then it is either not installed correctly or broken.

@akot783

Coincidentally, I have also just finished installing exactly the same lock.
As well, I have also noticed the following:

I think that it shows as "unknown" because the lock only went 90% of the distance, and not 100% of the way. I was able to manually turn the inside lock lever the remaining 10%, and then the status became "locked".

These are the symptoms of the problem, but I can't say I know how to fix the issue.
I will be on the phone with Kwikset tomorrow morning.

P.S. I have found (by trial and error) that issuing a Lock command followed by another Lock command, will change the status from "unknown" to "locked". So, at least there is a "work around".