Konnected Garage Door Opener

I am looking at this Konnected device on Amazon. It states that it works with Hubitat. It also says that it's wifi. I don't understand how this works with Hubitat. I have a C7, will it work with that?
I thought the c7 only had zigbee and zwave.

I did a search for "konnected garage" and got this topic:

Hubitat has internal ZWave and Zigbee radios, but they are also LAN connected via wired ethernet or WiFI. That device is connected to your local LAN and via the driver, used the LAN connection. There are actually more than a few products that work this way including some of Matter devices (Matter over WiFi)

1 Like

I have read everything I could find on this device and as I don't have wifi in the shop where my Hubitat is located, I did not see how it could work. So this device is wifi and I would need an access point in my shop. That's that part I was not getting.

Thanks for the info.

I’m thinking maybe the Zooz Zen16 is the garage door opener for you.

1 Like

Konnectex communicates over IP with Hubitat / Home Assistant (locally).
Basically:

Konnected —> Wifi Router —> Hubitat

Your ethernet devices (Hubitat) and wifi devices (konnected) both connect to the same wifi router, and therefore, connect to the same LAN network, so IP packets can go between the two. Ethernet is a wired way to connect a device to the network, and wifi is a wireless way to connect to the network, but it is the same network.

The misconception that hubitat works with only zigbee/zwave is a myth. In fact, the majority of my devices are wifi devices that run a firmware called Tasmota, which communicate to my hubitat C7 through the wifi router.

You MUST have wifi in your garage, as the konnected does not have ethernet.
Also, keep in mind that the black version is for specific versions of chamberlain/liftmaster garage door openers, while the white version is for all other companies.

Thanks, That one looks pretty good, but I was really hoping to stay with Zigbee. I don’t have anything set up on Zwave. My whole house is some Wi-Fi, but mostly Zigbee. My shop is only Zigbee.

Thank you for that information. Excellent explanation I did not know that you could use Wi-Fi with Hubitat. I may have to reconsider not having Wi-Fi in my shop.

Would this work ?
https://www.amazon.com/MHCOZY-Adjustable-Selflock-Momentary-SmartThings/dp/B08X218VMR/

MHCOZY 1 Channel 5V 12V ZigBee Smart Relay Switch,Adjustable Selflock and Momentary Working Mode,Works with Tuya eWelink Zigbee Gateway

Yes, that would work because I have a Geni door opener which just requires the two contacts to be closed. However, then I would have to also find a way to tell if the door was open or closed and a driver to work with it. I know this can be done, but I was hoping to find something ready-made. Thanks for the idea.

I use these for the open close thing ..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09XCWRHCT

Given that GDO information, then if you go Konnected, you want the white device, not the BlaQ model (that one's for LiftMaster Security+ 2.0 openers).

Understood. Thank you.

Do you have ethernet in your shop? You might as well do it then. And your phone will get fast, cheaper networking in the shop.

Yes, I have ethernet in my shop. It is hooked up to an eight port POE switch which supports my habitat C7, and four cameras. My entry door also has a Zigbee door lock on it. If I stay with Zigbee for my overhead door openers, then I won’t need Wi-Fi.