[RELEASE] Konnected Garage Door Opener Official Driver

It's @nate from Konnected here with some good news for this community -- I just released an official driver for our Smart Garage Door Opener for Hubitat.

The integration is 100% local and requires no third-party app or cloud! The firmware is based on ESPHome, and we're leveraging the excellent ESPHome API Library by @jonathanb for super fast local connectivity with Hubitat. More info about our choice of firmware platforms and direction on Konnected's Community forum.

Konnected's current Garage Door Opener GDOv1-S is designed for typical overhead garage door openers that toggle open or closed using a dry contact push-button. This includes most garage door openers except those by Chamberlain and LiftMaster with a yellow learn button (Security+ 2.0 openers). We're working on a solution for those newer encrypted garage door openers to fill the gap for the MyQ refugees.

A key feature of our product is a laser time-of-flight sensor that detects the distance of an object in front of it. This is how it detects if the garage door is open or closed, by "seeing" the rolled-up garage door a few feet below it when it's opened. There's also an input for a wired contact or limit switch sensor, or it can be used as an input for a PIR sensor in the garage.

It has a built-in flashing LED and warning sound prior to closing to alert anyone in the garage before the door is about to close and to meet (U.S.) federal safety requirements.

There's also a 12V switched output for an auxilary warning device or light/LED if you desire.

The compact device comes in sleek plastic enclosure and includes hookup wire, mounting screws and a 12V power adapter. It's normally $89 but as I'm writing this it's 25% off for Black Friday on konnected.io. Also available on Amazon.

Take LOCAL control of your garage door opener with Konnected!

Documentation links:

1. Installing the Garage Door Opener in Hubitat
  2. Calibrate and Use the Garage Door Opener in Hubitat

Recommended Installation:
Download the latest release from konnected-hubitat for your product, and import as a Bundle in Hubitat. We have a PR open to also get it in HPM.

Let me know what you think!
Nate

7 Likes

konnected garage door opener Anyone implemented yet?