Keen Vent Driver Documentation

I'm trying to understand the built-in Keen Vent drivers, but I'm only able to find scattered info here and there.

I have a few questions:

• As far as I can see, the drivers are not open source. Is this correct?
  • I can't find any documentation for the driver, either. Could anyone provide any links?
  • What does "Configure" do?
  • When I set the vent level and then subsequently read the vent level it remains unchanged. It looks like I have to do a refresh before the value updates. Is this correct? Is this intentional? Is a refresh the appropriate way to find out what the current actual level is?
  • When events, etc. cause "Last Activity At" to update?
  • When a setLevel is issued, does the driver wait for the vent to respond?
  • If I set the level and then do a refresh, if the vent is going to respond will it have responded by the time the refresh completes? Or is it possible that the refresh will return the old values, and then the vent moves to the new set level?
  • Is a refresh required for the battery level to update?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have the answers you are looking for but I have 11 Keen vents in my house and use this driver: Keen Smart Vents - #94 by kahn-hubitat

and I use this to control them with: Keenect Lite (Release) - :bellhop_bell: Get Help / Integrations - Hubitat

There is a fair amount of information in these threads to help you get things working.

I have a strong zigbee mesh and have no problems with my setup. I get about a year of battery use for each vent.

1 Like

Thanks, @swade! I've written my vent handling routines in WebCoRE using the Keen vents and my Ecobee, and I've ported them over from SmartThings. I might try someone else's app at some point, but for now I'm just tweaking the differences between ST and HE.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.