Just upgraded to C-8 and my dashboard thermostat modes are not working

Just upgraded to C-8 this morning. I have two Honeywell thermostats that I am controlling. Everything worked fine before migration. I am trying to control one oth the thermostats that is controlled via Honeywell cloud through the dashboard. Mode buttons do not seem to be working. The other thermostat is also honeywell but is a z-wave thermostat and it seems to be working just fine. I can control non-operating one through device interphase but not dashboard.

Post a screenshot of the "states" off to the right side on the device page. There was a change made a while back and if those states are not in the right format it breaks the dashboard tiles.

I also have a number of WebCore pistons that I have written on C7 that I can not access in C8. The one written in C8 is fine but the once written in C7 are inaccessible.

Not sure how that was working on the C7 either, is not a problem unique to the C8. The lists of modes need to have a certain format with quoted strings to work since one of the updates in the past year.

Is this a custom user driver or a system driver? If custom, could probably fix it in the code. You MIGHT also be able to switch to the "Virtual Thermostat" driver and press initialize to fix it and then switch back??

I don't use webcore myself but I have read that some people had to do a backup of the pistons then restore on the new hub? If you search around there should be some other threads on it.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. It is a custom driver but I did not write it. WHat am I looking for and what do I change it to?
I think that this is the code used:
/*
Hubitat Driver For Honeywell Thermistate

Copyright 2020 - Taylor Brown

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Major Releases:
11-25-2020 : Initial
11-27-2020 : Alpha Release (0.1)
12-15-2020 : Beta 1 Release (0.2.0)

If the driver has an "Import URL" listed please post that, otherwise you will have to post it on pastebin or something. Or search the forums, there might be an updated version.

Yeah Im having the same issue. Just added a new Honeywell T6 Pro and it was working initially but now fails after the driver configs with the device after the driver is built with the default values. I can change it with the trick listed on another page to switch to a virtual driver update the commands and swap back. However once the driver configs again gone. Cannot edit the driver as it's built in system for that device unless someone knows where to pull from? This big also seems to effect my Mitsubishi Kumo cloud connection as well.

If you want to try to fix the custom driver yourself, you're looking for a line (or lines) similar to these:

device.sendEvent([name: 'supportedThermostatFanModes', value:['auto', 'on']])
device.sendEvent([name: 'supportedThermostatFanModes', value:['auto', 'cool', 'heat', 'off']])

Update to:

device.sendEvent([name: 'supportedThermostatFanModes', value: JsonOutput.toJson(['auto', 'on'])])
device.sendEvent([name: 'supportedThermostatModes', value: JsonOutput.toJson(['auto', 'cool', 'heat', 'off'])])

You'll also need to add the import at the top of the driver:

import groovy.json.JsonOutput

I recently had to fix a driver I develop when this issue was uncovered... define supported modes as JSON_OBJECT · dkilgore90/google-sdm-api@76cb524 · GitHub

With more research solved both my issues. Thanks to all. For Honeywell T9 Z-Wave plus use generic driver not one it binds to that is built for T9. Lu.o cloud driver was updated but I didn't have the new github link. Glad we have such a great community of knowledge.

importUrl:"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thecloudtaylor/hubitat-honeywell/main/honeywellhomedriver.groovy",

I dont see in that driver or the parent app where it is setting those attributes, GitHub - thecloudtaylor/hubitat-honeywell

I would try just changing to the "Virtual Thermostat" driver, pressing Initilize, and see if that fixes it. Then switch back to this custom driver.

Otherwise, if that doesnt work, we could add code to this driver to set it correctly.

Thanks!

I tried it. It did not work unfortunately.

Thanks,

Alex Vaynberg

HI,

Can you provide the code to set it correctly. with the spring in the air switching from heating to cooling is a pain.

Thanks,
AlexV

There is a currently maintained T6 driver here that I would recommend you use...

It is up-to-date and has a dev who is responsive to questions and issues.

1 Like

I posted an updated driver here. For the non zwave cloud version.

1 Like

Thank you! Seems to work now. The pop-up with modes for selection works!

Thanks,

Alex Vaynberg

1 Like

Thanks!, I am using D6 non-z-wave via cloud.

Thanks,

Alex Vaynberg

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.