Just remove legacy zwave devices? C4 dead, moved database to C7

I had 4 legacy zwave devices on the old C4 and I want the new C7 to be 100% zigbee. 3 of the zw devices have power, 1 is lost. None are paired. Looking through the forum, I'm following suggestions in the thread below.

So, if they have a remove button just unlink them from apps & rules and then remove?

Assuming as your topic states that you just restored the C-4 database to the C-7 and never actually had the Z-Wave device paired, the "Remove" button on the device page should do all you need. Under normal circumstances, you'd select "Remove," then put the device in exclusion mode, and the hub will exclude the device and take you back to the Devices list upon success. In your case, you may need to wait about 20 seconds or so for the "Force Remove" option to appear, which you can then select (the alternative is that the hub will see no matching device is in the Z-Wave database and just remove it right away) -- but in any case, it is indeed this button that will do it.

If you think there's ever a chance it was paried to the C-7, check Settings > Z-Wave Details to make sure nothing appears in that table (or reset that radio if there is and you don't care to keep anything).

The advice you gave yourself to remove it from any apps (see the "In use by" section on the device page) is good advice, so be sure to remember that before removing.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

if z-wave devices are on the dead C4? then you might not be able to exclude devices. Don't think it matters anyway if C4 is dead and you will not use z-wave devices on the C7.
PS the z-wave frimware on the C7 has tremendously improved Z-wave performance. My z-wave devices are perfect

2 Likes

:point_up: this!!! Make sure your firmware is updated - go to Settings/Z-Wave Details and if an update firmware button is there click on it!!! May save you some headaches potentially.