Just curious, anyone got the front LED blue color not working on C4 hubs?

My 2 c4 hubs in my house got the blue LED dead, if I shut down the hubs they will turn red, anyone seen this? I did not see any issues, but, will this cause a problem later?

I did not check my friend's c4 system to see if he has the same. My other 2 friends they have c5.

Thanks

I have a c4 that I bought in April and all of the LEDs died a month or two ago. I asked support and they said there should be no issue.

I haven't noticed any issue, other than the occasional slow down that was occurring before the LEDs went out.

Thanks, I hope nothing else dies...

1 Like

Let us know if you have any problems. Beside @greg there is another hub that I know of without blue LED. Odd that both of yours quit. That makes you very "lucky".

1 Like

Lol, thanks Bobby, they did not died at the same time but both are dead now. No other issues detected.

I've joined the exclusive C4 no LED club.

I don't know when because I rarely look in the cupboard where it lives, but I noticed a few days ago when I was setting up my new spare C4 that the new one had a bright blue LED but the original hub has nothing. Doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but I'm doubly glad I've got a spare hub ready to just in case.

Me too.. Had to look after seeing this message and sure enough the C-4 basement hub, which I don't see often, is dark. Definately not affecting the operation of the hub.

Add me to this exclusive group too

I joined today. No blue LED.

However I noticed after settings/shutdown/ unplug for 5 minutes:

Then when I repowered the Blue LED went on for a fraction of a second then off. So the LED is likely but the driver is likely dead. I mention this to ask if there is a way to turn off the Blue LED? If it is being driven from the processor and the processor output is bad it would seem that there would be less stress on the processor.

UPDATE I opened the case and could see the LED has a driver (transistor?) so LED is not directly connected to the processor. I resoldered the LED and on repowering the blue LED was intermittent, different than before, enough to convince me there is likely a bad connection or perhaps a bad transistor driving the LED. Likely not something to cause a hub failure.

John

1 Like