[HELP]C4 Hub red light flashes then shuts off -

Hi all. As the topic says, I just noticed some automations. Upon looking it seems I might have a dead hub. When I plug in the power supply the red light turns on briefly, shuts off and then nothing.

I tried the power supply from my working c4 hub and have the same issue.

The hub does not seem to boot. I get no response from its ip. Has anyone had similar issues, or know of a way to get it going again?

I will be placing a support ticket shortly. I figure it was worth asking here as well though.

tagging @bobbyD

Thanks in advance

Edit - Update I left it alone for a bit. The hub has now booted but has no light on the front.

I can't find the post right now, but I seem to remember reading a while back about someone where one particular LED color on their hub died but it was still operating fine. Sounds like that's possible here, but since you contacted Support, I'm sure you'll hear back at some point.

The web interface does take a bit to load (a minute or so to get to the "loading..." screen and a couple minutes or more after that to get to the usable web UI in my experience, though this probably depends on what you have on the hub), so that could explain why it seemed better after left alone for a while. Hope it didn't die, but if not, at least your radios are external and easy to move! :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe this one?

1 Like

As others pointed out, we've had a few LEDs on C4 that went bad, ranging from no light to permanent red light (no blue light). As long as the hub functions as expected, is nothing to be worried about. If the hub doesn't boot up, or rules/devices are not functional, or the web interface is unreachable, then you might be looking at a hardware malfunction.

2 Likes