Jasco may be making firmware available for their products

Meh. I'm not a zigbee guy.

I am curious about this as well. :slight_smile:

Who's going to jump in the pool first? :wink:

1 Like

I understand that the dimmer switches may need a functionality update, but what would it do for the 46201 paddle switch?

1 Like

The changes in each firmware are in the documentation. I didn't look at that specific one, but if there's a newer firmware than the one you're running it should be documented what has changed.

nay nay I say. I'v been reminded, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". These have proved solid, stable and reliable just as they are. Thank you very much.

Same! No problems, no update! :slight_smile:

Tsk tsk. Where is your sense of adventure? Fix it ‘till it breaks.

5 Likes

I looked at some of the change logs, and didn't see anything I really needed.

After this coming Fridays drop of a bunch more firmware, supporting a lot more devices, maybe that will change. We'll see.

For instance if there's a firmware update that makes the new enbrighten fan controller not completely lock up when it's paired with S2 security, I would be interested in that.

2 Likes

I've tried Hubitat's built in device updater to update my 55256 z-wave outlets but at the end it keeps bombing out. I suspect I'm going to have to use my z-wave stick and the silabs software to do it.

5 Likes

Now they have a Github, maybe report that and see if they are open to fixing it? There are a lot of eyes on that Github right now, so Jasco might be a little more willing to do something now than in the future.

I thought about that. I was going to wait and see if it is something already fixed in a newer firmware. I think that device is going to be in this Friday's drop.

1 Like

There are a couple reported bugs on there, so it wouldn't appear be out of line to do so.

The firmware that they have uploaded, most of them don't have any changes. But there were some interesting ones like they added a factory reset to the ZW4008(46201 In-Wall Paddle Switch) in 5.54. I wonder how many times people were bit by that change and didn't realize it!

@neonturbo Is that factory reset by choice of the end user or forced when updated?

From what I gather, the newer firmware includes a parameter to allow a factory reset. Other than that, I have no idea how useful it would be, or whether it would even work. I am just going by the changes noted in their firmware files.

But presumably you could hit parameter 84, value 1, and initiate a reset. firmware/zwave/Enbrighten-GE/ZW4008/46201 - In-Wall Smart Paddle Switch/5.54 at main · jascoproducts/firmware · GitHub

ha ha ha I know right... Well, I must say, too many times have I jumped on that limb, being an "early adopter', and almost instantly felt, "why oh why did I do this?" And then spent the next several days "unfixing".

Don't get me wrong. these adoptions, trials and inevitable errors are all important steps in the process. It's how we learn. We must conduct a "cost/benefit analysis". And in this case, like the Randy Travis song says, "... exhuming things better left alone...".
ha ha. I am interested in everyone's experience.

1 Like

He actually used "exhuming" in a song? Was his father a coroner or mortician? :wink:

I notice you exhorting your fellow travelers, but I don't hear that you have stepped off the cliff yourself... :wink: :scream: :rofl:

To paraphrase the bard - "Lead on, MacDuff, and damned be he who first cries, 'Hold, enough FW updating!!'"

1 Like

If you’re insinuating that I won’t wreak havoc on my own z-wave devices, you are sadly mistaken. I look forward to it. Unfortunately, there hasn’t yet been a firmware released for mine :cry:
Btw, this has nothing to do with hating on my z-wave :wink:

2 Likes

The Friday updates were just added a few minutes ago. Lots more devices.

1 Like

Just fyi, I did update maybe a dozen or so devices this week because I was bored. As you would guess from the change log, nothing really to get excited about as the changes were very minor.

But the updates did work, so that is something.

3 Likes

Yup - lots of new models on there now.

Release notes aren't great - but I can't complain - better than nothing!

Example on the Fan Controller:

1. Added parameter 3
2. Added parameter 19

What are those parameters on that device, and what do they do? Who knows? :wink:

(EDIT: Best guess on those fan controller params is 3=LED behavior, 19=Alternate Exclusion)

2 Likes