ITEAD (Sonoff) is releasing a zigbee 3.0 bridge and zigbee motion/contact/temp-hum sensors

I bought from Itead. They came without batteries (so can be delivered faster) in a reasonable time (2 weeks to Italy) well preserved by pro packaging.

Direct from Itead. Still waiting (2+ weeks so far) but I'm in Aisa so maybe it'll take a while...

How long does the Sonoff Zigbee motion sensor take to reset after no motion detected?

from @markus

The motion sensors take 60 seconds to clear from the last motion sensed, that is checked continuously so if there is motion after 50 seconds from the first motion sensed, it will clear after 1 minute and 50 seconds.

1 Like

Do the Iris V2 and Aqara motion sensors behave the same way? @pat.richards

No. Their off timer must expire before they are ready to retrigger.

1 Like

So if there no motion for 45 secs, and then motion at 75 secs, the inactive trigger will still fire at 120 secs or 180 secs?

@markus have you paired and tried the motion sensor with the Sonoff zigbee bridge and their app? Is there a timeout configuration for the motion sensor in the sonoff app?

I have paired it to the Sonoff bridge, there is sadly no setting in the app.

Received and tested SNZB-02 units days ago.

The device itself is small (about 4x4x1 cm) and it reacts very quickly about humidity changes, faster than my previous zooz sensor (that was also a z-wave motion detector, model ZSE40, but you can't compare the features).
So far, so good, and for the price (about 10USD, delivered with a CR2450 battery), the deal is nice.
And of course, it works perfectly with HE (v 2.2.3.119), unit set as a Zigbee - sonoff Temperature and humidity sensor with Markus custom driver.

As you know, HE 2.2.4.X has now a built-in sonoff SNZB-02 driver, but I didn't jump to that firmware update. Should obviously work with it too.

The peaks on the graph are shower-time !

1 Like

I see this an older thread, but there is no talking of the Sonoff ZB Bridge for drivers, etc.

Can these devices be attached to the HE system? If so, does the Tasmota firmware need to be installed or are there other supported drivers/firmware available?

I have all of the other Sonoff sensors attached to the HE using the stock firmware and have mixed results.

Are sensors automatically attached into the mesh? Trying to figure out the mesh network. Have read thru the documentation, but just not grasping it.

Thanks in advance

Nothing yet.

Officially the SNZB sensors are supported as well as the S31 Lite Zigbee Smart Plug US.
Unofficially the BASICZBR3 works with the generic ZigBee switch driver.
Tasmota is for the Wi-Fi devices so not relevant for the ZigBee products.

Most likely related to mesh coverage/strength. I've had good luck with the Tradfri Repeaters.

Yes, but repeaters are needed for mesh stability. Most line powered ZigBee devices act as repeaters, but there's a wide variation in the quality of that repeating.

2 Likes

This can be flashed with Tasmota and you can connect Zigbee devices to it. However the bridge can't talk to HE nor can any Zigbee devices connected to it also communicate with HE directly. I did it as an experiment and used Home Assistant to coordinate to see if moving all of my Zigbee bulbs to a different hub would make a difference. It didn't and only complicated my system so I moved bulbs back to HE.

1 Like

Are there other Repeaters out there? I'm obviously not search in the right places.

It's too bad these other "hubs" wouldn't work as repeaters.

Sure, lots of them, just search the forum for "ZigBee Repeater".
But nothing is going to come close to the $/performance of the Tradfri Repeater in Canada.
Even with IKEA bumping delivery from $8 to $15 if you buy multiple it's still way cheaper than anything else.
Plus they run off a detachable USB power supply, so the ability to pull that off and deploy them on any available USB port is pretty handy.
Or there's also the Tradfri Outlet.
Also very good value but I have no personal experience with them.

I see in another thread, it mentioned the xbee being the best option. There is a kit https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/digi/XKB2-Z7T-WTZM/6010380, Is this xbee they speak of?

It's a great option, but you pay a premium for tons of features you may not need.
CAN$50/ea. for the modules + case + power supply.

Everything XBee
Made a Set Of XBee3's

I think that's an XBee2 kit you linked to, probably want to go with an XBee3.

Or, do what lots of people do, just buy both Tradfri and XBee. :wink:

1 Like

Tradfri's have been ordered. I'll read some more on the Xbee's, but I think I will order a set and spread things out around the house.

Are these Arduino IDE programable?