Issues with Iris Smart Plugs as Z-Wave Repeaters

As I mentioned a few posts up, I ran into a series of issues getting these re-paired on the zwave side. Saw some strange behavior but rammed my way through it. Here's my experience getting it resolved. You can read the details of the problem I encountered a few post up.

After trying for hours to get them paired, I reached out to support. Their advice was to let my zwave mesh settle overnight. I was doing a bunch of excludes, discoveries and repairs and probably created a bit of a backlog in the zwave queue.

Waiting overnight didn't help completely but was probably a factor as well. This is what worked for me.
After resetting the outlet (press and hold button while inserting to power). I let the zigbee side reconnect as it always does and settle for a couple of minutes. Unplugged the outlet for a couple of minutes. Plugged it back in and waited 5 seconds before doing the 10x tap. The zwave picked up and I was up and running again. I did this with 3 other outlets and it worked perfectly so far. The last is attached to my modem, so that's not gonna happen till the kiddos are in bed....if at all.

The funny thing is that not a single one of my ~20 iris devices needed an update. So all this was in vain. Like a wise man once said,