Issues with Hubitat Mobile Presence

I have a Note 9 (Android 9)

Just turned off "Optimize Battery usage" for Hubitat.
We'll see what happens...stay tune.

FYI:

This seems to be necessary for it to be more reliable on Android from my experience. I would recommend also checking out the beta version of the app, it does fix a couple issues. I always use two forms of presence, I have fobs in our cars also that work great.

Might be good to do a forum search as there are afew of these threads already. I was having the same issue with presence, I just added the life360 app {iOS} and the wifi presence {codeshare} from the forums and then rolled them into combined presence {codeshare} from the forums. Presence has been pretty bulletproof since then.

It's a bit hard to do forum searches...
Too much outdated stuff all over the place.

Not really, the apps only been out 8 weeks.

I was using the update that came out today (for android) in beta, and that seems to have made a big improvement. before I was having a log of hang ups.

Bad news: "not present" is still not working even if "Optimize Battery Usage" for Hubitat is off.
"present" is working though and that's a bit weird, why one and not the other?

What's worse is now that Optimize is off, even if I open the app, it does nothing! :frowning:

My Pixel 3 works fine, Optimize Battery Usage is turned off.
My wife's Pixel (original pixel) works for a few days then stops responding. I have to open the app and send a GEO event.

My suggestion for a solution: Have the app send a GEO event occasionally. Every 12 hours should be sufficient and shouldn't cause significant battery drain.

I am having problems with my location. I have an iPhone 6s running ios 12.3.1. In the iphone device events log it has me leaving and arriving when I never went anywhere. Anyone run accross this issue? It was turning my lights on all night long.

What is the size of your Geofence zone?

The radius according to the app is 200 Meters

I too am having issues. My HE app isnt changing my presence.

Under the debugging section in the app it shows that I left and entered (albeit 10 mins late).
In the device page, it shows nothing for today, or yesterday. I left and arrived both yesterday/today.

Android phone (note9), power stuff turned off. Latest HE platform.

Same on my Lg, android working great. But not on my wife's iphone... All the time says that she at home... But she in not....

I am having the same issue since upgrading to ios 13. If I log off the app and back on, it seems to work for a few days, then it stops working. Any suggestions?

same with wife's phone...

My wife's phone is also doing this. We cannot use our automated security rules until this gets fixed. Is this being worked on?

1 Like

On the latest app with the high accuracy setting, my presence has been near perfect. Are you on the latest app version?

on the latest app update.

thought my presence issue was solved. did not get any txt messages tell me that i was not present all evening long. but now that i am out of the geofence area, i still did not get any notification. so it looks like the app is not detecting that i am out of the geofence zone.

fyi, i have a txt alert set for when my presence changes.

logging out and back in again and that cleared my presence state. we will see how it works

I'm having issues with presence detection too, even though I've changed the battery optimisation settings. I have another app called Tado that has near faultless presence detection. One of the things it does is ask you to identify which of your phones' stored wifi networks are for your home (you can select multiple). When it connects to one, you're at home (although I don't think the reverse would work well for away). I can't remember the last time that app didn't detect me coming up my driveway. Conversely, I almost always have to open Hubitat dashboard or send a geo event for HE to know I'm back.