Issues with Harmony Hub

Yesterday, I tried to make some changes to my Harmony Hub through their app and I failed. I tried to edit and add some activities and I could not get through to their servers. I kept getting error E2018 that said I could not connect to the software update server. Apparently if you can't reach this server you can't make any changes. I know that Logitech stopped making remotes, well now apparently they have shut down the servers. I just wanted to know if any of you have ran into this issue or know for sure that the server has shut down completely or maybe I am doing something incorrectly. Thanks for any input.

I ran into this issue as well with 2 of my 3 harmony hubs. Reset the hub and use the app to set it up again. When you do, you will have the option to restore from the configuration saved to their servers. If you do that, you'll be back to your original setup, and you should then be able to perform the normal setup functionality. This worked for me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I did as you instructed and it worked. I can now edit and make new activities.

1 Like

@brad Thanks for posting your experience, hopefully won't have to reset (things have been fine) but you never know...

And just to clarify for others...Logitech has said they will keep the servers up as long as their customers are using it...obviously just a goal statement, but does clearly indicate that they aren't planning on shutting things down any time soon. :slight_smile:

How long will you keep the service and support going really?
Our goal is to keep service running as long as customers are using it.

Off topic a bit, apologies. I'm just wondering what others intend to replace Harmony with if it does go completely as I'm unaware of anything with equal functionality - I don't know how I could manage without it.

I'm foreseeing a panel of plywood with my Samsung TV, Apple TV, TiVo, Bose Lifestyle, Amazon Fire remotes all velcro'd to it in a grid - the MegaRemote!

1 Like

I've been thinking about that as well, but hoping I won't have to switch for a while. The broadlink is a very popular option with a community driver, but last time I looked, the newest Broadlink hub isn't supported. Switchbot also has IR functionality in their hub, but I'm not sure how well-baked the community driver is for the IR functionality. There's a thread here:

2 Likes

If you guys are interested, I got rid of the Harmony Hub today. I kept trying to get things working but kept getting errors. I used Homebridge and the Apple Home app to do what the Harmony Hub was doing. Homebridge has plugins for my Yamaha Receiver and my Samsung TV. The only thing that doesn't work is the Harmony Hub Remote. I will have to use the Apple TV remote or the Fire TV remote depending on which one I am using. I would get rid of the Fire TV but I have the Recast for ota tv shows and want to keep using it. I set up scenes in the Home app to turn things on and off. I can even use shortcuts on my apple watch to use the scenes. All is working well now, keep your fingers or should I say digits crossed.

1 Like

Please, I try never to think of that horrible situation!! :scream: :scream:

I've become so dependent on it - all three of my TVs are outfitted w/a Harmony hub, and I have spare hubs and remotes in case I have a HW failure. And...(wait for it)...wife LOVES the Harmony remote.

Please, Logitech...keep your promise and keep your servers online as long as we are still using our Harmony hubs/remotes!

2 Likes

Same here for both of us. We have 4 devices connected to HDMI 1,2,3,4 on a Bose in turn connected to HDMI 4 on a TV that has other devices on HDMI 1,2,3. Trying to remember the which port on each needs to be selected for a video/sound on each device is a puzzle without the Harmony (even when sober). I hadn't previously bothered with Harmony for my other bedroom TV, but now it has a generic soundbar using a different remote and an ATV connected to it, I could do with setting it up. I did have a spare Harmony hub that had been sitting in its box in the garage for a year or two and in my infinite wisdom I eBayed it 6 months ago thinking 'I'll never need this' - typical.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.