Is Zigbee Fixed on the C8?

Same here. I sold all my aqara stuff, and I'm considering moving into Moes, after reading some opinions. Your voice is only confirming my initial choice.

My favorites are NYCE and the xfinity for contact sensors...

1 Like

I recently found very nice looking "MEIAN" Door Window Sensors (DW01), and I will give them a chance, I did not test them yet. Reasonably small, and looks in modern way.

They are looking that way.

They cost approx 10 ā‚¬ / pcs, when buying them is 6x pack.

1 Like

These are the xfinity, really small

They are looking nice too, thanks for sharing them with us.

Buy them in lots of 10 on eBay new, they average $4.00 each

1 Like

These are at $5

And they are mostly in USA. For USA citizens they are indeed good choice, but when adding cost of shipment and import fees, for EU citizens they will cost only a bit less than buying other from china / ali express.

3 Likes

Didn't realize you were in the EU

What's your battery life on these? I've seen reports they chew through batteries every 4 months.

All of mine have been in around 9 months now and show in the 90's for battery. (stock battery). I monitor them for drop off and none have. So far my best zigbee devices. (along with my NYCE sensors)

1 Like

+1 on this issue. I am having the same issues with adding new Zigbee devices and having the Zigbee radio fall offline and be irrecoverable until a reboot of the hub.

I'm still seeing this message with this driver.

I have one (branded iAlarm). While it works, I wasn't particularly impressed.

2 Likes

Thanks for info. I will observe them, especially watching status update issues. If I will not be satisfied, then I may decide to use upcoming Aqara sensors, latest generation which supports Matter / Thread.

Edited: I send back "MEIAN" Door Window Sensors (DW01), they was too bulky for me, not fitting my windows.

I had the same problem with all new zigbee devices. I switched back to C7 and they all pair.

1 Like

Iā€™m still unable to pair a Tuya thermometer that works flawlessly on C7.

What happens when you try to pair it?

It fails pairing (the device is discovered and appears fine but after the initial appearance no further communication.) @mike.maxwell received a sample device and is aware of it. Cc: @kkossev @abraham

1 Like

I just noticed that mine has been doing this for some time.