Is this overkill?

Asking for a friend.

5 Likes

Depends on the application. Looks to me to be like the fan used in the Mt. View NASA air test tunnel. :innocent:

2 Likes

Looks quite a bit under-engineered - I'm assuming that's one of those new portable quantum computers it's attached to...IRRC quantum computers operating range is <-250C.

:wink:

3 Likes

liquid cooling might get you a better overclock...

5 Likes

Thinking the same thing. Pour a frosty A&W over that sucker.

4 Likes

Too impure - immerse in ultrapure water or mineral oil maybe. :grin:

3 Likes

But then I don't have the five other root beers from the 6-pack to drink. You're not thinking through the important implications of your approach.

5 Likes

Well if you start with the root beers and then decide at the last minute to change over to mineral oil - bam! 6 pack!

3 Likes

Don't forget to put some blinker fluid in where that LED is. There is a small access hole on the bottom for it...

2 Likes

Ah...once again you prove youself the Zen Master. :wink:

2 Likes

Just right!

That reminds me, I was once offered the chance to rummage around a junkyard RV that had been the traveling office of a network tech. It was chock full of pc fans and aluminum heat sinks. I have a case or two of each around here somewhere.

1 Like

Zalmans are so 2000's, Noctuas are all the go these days if you want an ultra quiet fan. :grin:

3 Likes

Does it fly ?

Mineral oil. Don’t waste a good six-pack of root beer! :beers:

2 Likes

So it doubles as a drone?? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I had one of those on my AMD dual-core Opteron.

1 Like

Pentium 4 for me.

Yeah, forgot that was the same time frame. I was just looking for it the other day (not for my hubs, which are mounted on an inside wall where gentle breezes waft by to keep them harmoniously running along).

3 Likes

No this is overkill lol

4 Likes

I see no "blue" liquid so no not sufficient.... :grin:

edit: also lacking in the LED department.. LED's (of various colors) are important because the photons help amplify CPU efficiency...

2 Likes