Is this overkill?

Has anyone noticed, it's always "for a friend" when someone does not want to admit...

But apart from being over the top just a tad, won't have any over heating of the plastic case for sure (unless there is a hole cut in there with heat pipes going to the processor.

its old how. it was a father son building project about 10 or so years. ago.. dual 580 sli cards etc. etc.
one water loop for cpu and memory one for both video cards.. got it up reliably over 5ghz at the time.

5 Likes

My son and I just rebuilt 3 PCs at home and liquid cooled them all. It’s so much easier (and cheaper, smaller) than used to be possible.

2 Likes

LOL! LOVE IT!!!!! Killer build.

1 Like

Looks to me like the copper transfer plate there is raised on feet above the HE case -- so NO, this is not overkill, may not even be adequate. But maybe there's a really thick application of thermal grease in the middle of the plate? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha - didn't notice it was a HE underneath that behemoth. In which case overkill is not the right word, it should be "useless". I guess Eric's been having us on :grinning:

1 Like