Is there an alternative to Echo Speaks?

You don't show a device for each echo in HE? You don't need to do a device discovery they should just appear in Echo speaks.

Open the echo speaks app in HE and under Alexa devices they should all be listed. You should also have a device for each under the devices menu from HE.

thanks but no luck
dev

agree. should.

How many and what kind do you have? They are all listed in the Alexa app yes?

I have 4 echo round balls. They work well every day receiving commands verbally and turning on off things. Sir I dont have an app called Alexa App. Just the Echo Speak. Is it an issue? Thank you.

How did you setup the Dots if you don't have the Alexa app on a another device?

2 Likes

@terminal3 is referring to the Alexa mobile app for android and iOS.

Going off of screenshots earlier in the thread, the OP is using the Alexa app on an iPhone.

I have Amazon Echo Skill. But under that is a list of all my devices. The Dots are not listed there. I used to have Alexa TTS which if I remember correctly listed my devices. Do I need to reinstall Alexa TTS? Thank you.

Interesting getting devices is pending. No idea why.

wait i think I know why. The Amazon account that I finally logged in with is not the same account. So I am going to log out and log back in with my account that has the echo. Sorry about that.

I’m getting confused.

Are you saying that your echo devices don’t show up in Echo Soeaks. And they also don’t show up in Hubitat’s built-in app called Amazon Echo skill?

Make sure that is the account you linked you echo speaks to.

That would probably explain it then.

1 Like

Correct. I doubled check. The Amazon Echo Skill only list my devices to include or exclude working with Alexa. I tried logging in my same Amazon account that is used for Alexa but still no device.

I thought so but no. same issue no devices detected.

I just installed Alexa TTS manager. My device showed up no issue. If you think of something else please let me know. I will check in the morning. Thank you.

Are you sure Echo Speaks is set up for the same Alexa account as the Alexa app?

yes thank you.

BREAKING NEWS! I hate when things fixed themselves but hey, I'll take it! I now have device showing under Echo Speak !!!!! AND I just did a test executing an Alexa routine when a Hubitat sensor is trigger. :champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

Big thank you to everyone who patiently helped me. Now excuse me I have "work" to do i mean play with Echo Speak! Case closed.

4 Likes

It's a late response, but I just want anybody who is looking to local host the service, you can also use most of Android devices, e.g., an old Android phone, tablet, Google TV or Fire TV. I wrote an instruction for Fire TV about 3 years ago, and I recently helped a friend to install it on a Google TV by following the same. The advantage of using Android is (1) you probably already have one available (2) low power consumption (3) low profile.

1 Like