Is the temperature sensor exposed in the Hue Outdoor Motion sensor when its paired to Hubitat?

I need an outdoor temperature sensor, and have narrowed my choices to two:

1. The Sensative z-wave+ outdoor temperature/lux sensor
  2. The Philips Hue outdoor motion sensor

The Hue outdoor motion sensor is $10 cheaper, but I don't know if its temperature sensor is exposed to Hubitat when the motion sensor is directly paired to Hubitat.

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

Wow @Cobra, it's really hot in the UK right now!!!! :thinking:

2 Likes

Actually, that particular sensor I only use for lux.
It's quite high up on a wall in a seriously hot suntrap area (south facing wall)
Unfortunately, it's only about 12-15 C outside right now :frowning:

2 Likes

This is the other one in a more sensible place...

2 Likes

Sounds a bit more right :wink:

1 Like

You could pair it with your Hue Hub and then directly to Node Red??

1 Like

Definitely a possibility.

Is this paired direct with Hubitat rather than the Hue Bridge?
I'm in the UK and looking for a way to report outdoor temperature, and having lux on this too is a nice extra!

yes

1 Like

Cheers. All my Hue devices are paired to the Hue hub currently but toying with the idea of using directly with Hubitat to give more functionality...

I have all my Hue motion sensors etc connected directly to Hubitat
The only devices connected to my Hue Bridge are the bulbs and I think one dimmer.

Connecting the sensors directly to Hubitat gives you additional features (like Lux and Temperature) which do not present themselves when connected to Hubitat via the Hue Bridge connection

2 Likes

I assume by connecting the dimmers to hubitat you can effectively use them as buttons for any switch / app etc?

I just got a Philips Hue Outdoor motion sensor on Amazon that was said to be a refurb. However, I can't seem to get Hubitat to recognize it. I did get the Philips Hue bridge to connect to it, just to check that it can be made to work, and then I deleted it from the Hue app and tried again with Hubitat. Still no joy. I tried holding down the button for various lengths of time, and I see the sensor flashing various colors, but I can't seem to find documentation on what it all means, and none of the modes seem to make it discoverable by Hubitat. Any clues on what to try?

I have only just added mine tonight for the first time, took 40 seconds for Hubitat to detect it!
Assume you using Zigbee pairing?

Yes, using ZIgbee. I started another topic on the pairing. I've tried all kinds of things, but no dice. Pairing Hue Motion Sensor

That is strange as I only unboxed mine for the first time last night and it worked straight off...

What model number is yours? Mine is 9290019758

I have that same model number.

Very strange! I never expected it to be as simple as it was...

Can you return to Amazon or too late?

How often is the lux reported back to the HE? My Aqara motion sensors "only" report the lux to the HE when a motion is triggered.