Is anyone using the Monoprice Z-Wave Plus RGBW Dimmer Controller Module?

Was looking at the (*)Monoprice 136511 Z-Wave Plus RGBW Dimmer Controller Module and was wondering if anyone is using it in their system, and what "Device Type" do you have assigned to it.

Thanks

(*) Products no longer Available

I don't see that on the list ofcompatible devices. From other posts on the forum it seems that there is no available community driver for the device either.

@Ryan780 Yeah, I looked on the compatible list first and didn't see it listed, and didn't see any post directly talking about the Controller Module.
I thought maybe somebody might be using it but just hasn't talked about it yet.

Thanks!

I bought one of these last week and was able to successfully pair it to the hubitat. I'm using the "Fibaro RGBW Controller (beta)" driver for it which seems to control it okay for the most part. I haven't been able to play around too much, but it has promise. Especially since it's cheaper than the Fibaro controller.

1 Like

I have had better success using the Hank RGBW driver on non-supported LED controllers. But have never used a monoprice controller.

Keep us updated on how it works - I am planning on picking up one of these too... Thanks!

1 Like

Update - plugged it back in. Using the Fibaro RGBW (beta) driver, I'm able to manually set the Red, Green, Blue, and "White Warm Level" which controls the white LEDs on the strip. The effects do nothing even though the status on the device page states it's in the various effect modes. I can set the level of the lights but nothing below 50 seems to do anything and the strips don't get any dimmer.

Dashboard control of the lights is terrible. If you use the "bulb" or "dimmer" template it works well (no color control though). Using the "Color bulb" template allows you to adjust the color, but the white LEDs turn off at this point and only the RGB leds light up to the corresponding color. The dimmer control works on this pop up window, but once you use the switch control on this, it gets stuck in "sending". You can't click on it again until you refresh the dashboard page or change the color.

I just have it manually set to the color I want by setting the correct RGBW levels in the device screen and have a dimmer control switch on the dashboard. That seems to do the trick well enough until a better driver is available to be used for this controller.

Just switched and tried the Hank RGBW driver. It handles the dimming much better, but I cannot turn on all the RGB and W LED lights on at once. Picking colors is better with this driver too. It seems more responsive and not so jittery vs the Fibaro driver.

I can "set the color" which changes the RGB LEDs to the corresponding color and when I "Set the color temperature" (to any value since the LED strip isn't variable color temp) it'll turn on the white LEDs. Actually I think this is how the strips are supposed to work.

I just want max brightness when on white so it would be nice if all of them turned on.

I LIKE IT!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.