Monoprice Z-Wave RGB driver help, please

On a whim, I picked up one of these:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=27482

It paired ok, with the following:

• deviceType: 257
  • applicationVersion: 1
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x26,0x33,0x27,0x2C,0x2B,0x70,0x59,0x85,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73,0x5A
  • deviceId: 4
  • manufacturer: 520

I've tried a bunch of built-in drivers and a couple give me on/off/levels, but no color. Is there a driver that will let me set color? Thanks all.

I have an Aeon Bulb and use Eric's driver:

The Aeon is RGBW though.

deviceType: 259
inClusters: 0x5E,0x26,0x33,0x27,0x2C,0x2B,0x70,0x59,0x85,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73
outClusters: 0x5A,0x82
deviceId: 98
firmware: 1.04
MSR: 0086-0103-0062
manufacturer: 134

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying Eric's driver and it works for ON, OFF, LEVEL and Color Temp. But it also won't change color for this bulb.

Various other non-color dimmer drivers work to turn ON, OFF, and SET LEVEL, but, expectedly, don't change color.

Yesterday, I thought I had it changing colors with @Robin 's Fibaro driver. I swear it responded to his driver such that I thought I was done. But when I tested a rule, it failed and has never after responded to color commands.

I've got my driver responding to Pistons but not rules, using the colour presets (custom commands) rather than RGB values.

Certainly miss the the colour wheel ST gives us!!

@mike.maxwell Any chance of some HE Love for this Monoprice Z-Wave RGB bulb? Gratitude will ensue.

Our builtin zwave color device support is admittedly weak currently.
Why this bulb doesn't work with some of the community drivers is a bit disconcerting, it's not like zwave offers 12 different command classes for doing this.

1 Like

Did you Include this bulb Securely ? (Toggle on/off 3 times in 3 seconds ending in ON. Flashing Green? or Flashing Blue to indicate successful Inclusion?) If you Exclude/Included it the other way, does it work differently? Better?

Yes, I'm grasping at straws. It is not a Secure Only device like Locks, so it should make no difference.

Maybe Exclude/Include will help. It's odd because this is a RGB bulb, not RGBW(w) like the Aeon.

1 Like

Thanks, @mike.maxwell. Is there any more info I can provide to help you help me?

@csteele I only included it in the regular way. I'll give the secure include a shot tonight. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.