Iris V2 Keypad mount. Fishing in the dark

Answered below, but TL DR: Found the 3D print file but it was lacking mounting holes. Grabbed teh file, added mounting holes and reshared the file.

If you have an Iris V2 keypad missing the wall mount and want to use countersunk screws / drywall anchors go ahead and whack one of these out of PLA.

Yes I know I have been away for too long. Life happens and I come and go on various forums.

To bring you up to speed, I have multiple Iris V2 keypads for arming / disarming my alarm state in Hubitat, unfortunately only one of them has an actual mount. THe others are mounted using Alien Tape. So far it is working, but it is NOT right.

Well dumbest of things, Amazon had a lighting sale on a 3D printer I have been wanting forever and they finally put it into my price range when I had the money, so I pulled the trigger and got one...

Which brings me back here...

I was hoping, rather blindly and I am pretty sure I am fishing where there is nothing here, but just in case...

Does anyone have an STL model of this mount they would be willing to share so I can print it out and save myself the labor of modelling it?

Mostly I want to avoid having to take the one off and spending tedius amounts of time with the digital calipers measuring it, modelling it in Sketchup and then rendering it to an STL and run it through the slicing software... THEN printing it... Or more correctly THEM...

I would be more than willing to trade a finished printed mount for the STL file.

Thanks and no worries if you don't have it. Just thought I would try...

3 Likes

So close, yet so far away... If I could get the source file for that, especially if it is Sketchup.

Like my original post said, I am trying to get away from any sort of mounting tape. This mount relies on mounting tape. If it featured just 2 simple countersunk holes for flat head screws so that I can use drywall anchors, this would be perfect.

I cannot reach out to the author as I do not have a thingsverse account and the email verification step on their account sign up is giving me an HTTP 500 error.

You could actually drill those your self. Simply drill the holes, use a sharpie through the holes to mark the wall, drill for anchors, mount...

3 Likes

You don't need an account to download files.

thingiverse is the one stop shop for 3d printing stuff. create a free account and download whatever file you want* (*most likely, i haven't tested with every sketch)

True, but you DO need an account to post comments or ask questions on the site...

That's true. However if you just need a couple of countersunk holes you can import the stl into sketchup and add them yourself fairly quickly (and also to the exact size of your screws) rather then waiting for the author to respond (if at all).

Yeah, sorry I didn't know Sketchup could import STL, I only knew about exporting... Now I need to get the calipers out for the screws and I am gonna edit this sucker to meet MY needs...

1 Like

Okay so Sketchup online (Free) does not do STL files, I have Sketchup 2017 installed still but I lack the STL plugin, and for some reason 2017 won't log me in to download the plugin to support STL.

I found that FreeCAD will handle STL, and Collada DAE files, I export the model as a Collada DAE from FreeCAD, import to Sketchup, make my edits, export as DAE, import to FreeCAD and export THAT as STL.

I think I need to learn FreeCAD.

Thanks for posting this. When moving houses I lost track of one of these mounts.

I havenโ€™t had an issue using 3M command strips to keep my keypads mounted.

1 Like

Nor have I had issues using Alien tape other than a more than minor sort of "it ain't right" OCD I guess. Mostly doing it this way makes it easier to swap out the batteries.

When I went with Hubitat and found I could use my Iris V2 keypad, and multiple keypads at that, I bought 2 more on Ebay, neither of which included the mount.

I literally have 5 prints scheduled for the 3D printer once I get it set up. Or at least 5 designs.

The Iris keypad mounts.
Miter fence ends for my Ryobi table saw. Oddly enough I did not cut mine, but rather I bought my saw used with the eds pre cut off...
I might have to design it, but a wall mount for the Hubitat hub, AND remote for Fire Edition TV.
Tie fighter / Echo dot 3rd generation stand for my Star Wars fan wife for her home office.
I haven't selected the design yet, but a wall mount for my white echo dot in my home office. Most of our Echo Dots are 3rd gen white, I do have some 2nd gen that I need to get set up on mounts as well....

I got the Aquila assembled last night, and found a firmware issue right off the bat. Flashed the firmware to 1.24 for both the machine and the display, got the bed levelled this morning and am currently running my initial test print, which just so happens to be the Iris keypad mount. So far looking pretty good, although I am doing the print in the included translucent red filament even though I have white, I wanted to use this as my test print and not wast "good filament" testing and adjusting.

I figure nobody is going to see it once it is done and installed except when I swap batteries anyway...

On to 3D printing I go!

1 Like

And after coming home as my lovely bride decided we needed Gyros for lunch and we didn't have the stuff, I printed out the mount, and tested it. YES I could print it in white PLA, but no need. Mounted my lonely keypad up and it fits PERFECTLY...

Will upload my modified file version with the mount holes.

1 Like