IRIS Motion Sensors

Thanks to everyone for the updates to my v1 comment. As soon as I got the letter from IRIS, I started converting to another platform (ST). That’s when I found the v1 incompatibility with ST. So I never looked back to IRIS developments or at Hubitat (since I had then gone the ST route)

I then put aside all the v1 devices, thinking someday they might be worth something on eBay.

So, I think I may invest in a Hubi hub, and build a small parallel network to get some Hubi experience, and see if I like it better than ST. If so, I can slowly covert all the ST devices over. What a genius idea that I owe to all of you.

Thanks again for your input. Perhaps you may see me here more in the future, with questions and eventually with experienced suggestions

2 Likes

You might not know, but you can use HubConnect to connect SmartThings to Hubitat. That way you can use Hubitat to create automations for devices that are still on SmartThings and vice versa.

2 Likes

[Ken_Fraleigh]

Thanks for that info. Coming to this community has made me so appreciative of how you all contribute to others. Once I "know something" I will certainly help pay-back.

Things are looking better and better for a possible melding of my existing ST setup and the Hubitat environment.

:grinning:

4 Likes

Just remember to put the HE zigbee on a different channel than SmartThings and take your time moving devices over. I actually still use my SmartThings hub for Echo Speaks integration, presence, Zigbee firmware updates, and devices that don’t behave well with others.

Does anyone know why, or has HE staff discussed why zigbee firmware updates are not available natively on HE? I saw that someone made a z-wave firmware updater, but was hoping to update zigbee if that is needed down the line.

1 Like

I don’t know of any downloadable zigbee firmware outside of Sylvania’s. Z-wave is also unavailable save for a couple companies. It seems unlikely that Samsung will ever share with a competitor. I suppose it will be a priority when there are available firmwares that provide benefit to the community outside of what the $10 Lightify gateway provides.

2 Likes

As @Ken_Fraleigh mentioned, access to updated device firmware is usually controlled by the manufacturer, so there’s a limit to what Hubitat can do to add support for OTA zigbee and z-wave firmware updates without the backing of each individual device manufacturer.

I think it’s also worth mentioning that while there could be many devices with firmware updates available, most devices work fine with the firmware already installed on them. There are relatively few examples of devices that have an actual reported issue that’s known to be solved with a firmware upgrade (although it does happen).

2 Likes

That is not quite accurate. Iris V1 motion sensors and contact sensors work just fine. The Iris V1 Keyfobs work also. What does not yet work is the Iris V1 Keypad. Iris cameras do not work with Hubitat, regardless of which generation although I wish that there were a way to get the V1 and V2 camera's PIR motion detection working at least.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.