IRIS Motion Sensor (v3) - not updating

I recently added 2 IRIS motion sensors (zigbee) that worked fine for a couple of days and then stopped responding/reporting. I finally figured out that they were not working when some of the automations did not happen. I reset the sensors and then did the zigbee discovery again. They are now updating and automations are working.

I have 4 Zigbee repeaters scattered around the house (2 Ikea extenders, 1 Ikea plug, 1 Samsung Plug) - is there a known issue with the sensor and Ikea/Samsung repeaters? Any other brands that are recommended with IRIS?

Thanks for your help.

I have both of those kinds of repeaters and no issues with my Iris v3 sensors. (FWIW, I also haven't heard any reports of them being problematic in general, aside from the Ikea outlets having maybe a weak signal and not being attractive repeaters for many devices.) Do you have any other repeaters not listed, like smart bulbs? Otherwise, maybe try other troubleshooting, like making sure they have good batteries and aren't too far away from a repeater (or the hub itself).

2 Likes

Not that I know of - all my zigbee bulbs are Sengled that I believe do not repeat.

I have a couple of Xiaomi light sensors that I thought needed/liked Ikea repeaters? My other zigbee devices are Sengled contact sensors (2), the Sengled bulbs (6) and BlitzWolf leak sensors (4). Nothing else has "fallen off" as far as I can tell.

The batteries are brand new since I just installed these about a week ago. Purchased from Amazon, so can't say how long they have been there but the units are reporting 100%.

One is close to an Ikea repeater and the other is close (about 10ft through a wall) to the hub.

This is what my Child/Route info table looks like - anything that you can glean from this? I don't really understand what it is telling me!

UPDATE: Forgot about a couple of other zigbee devices - Philips Outdoor light/motion sensor (2), Samsung Button (2)

For a test remove the xiaomi devices. My mesh got much more stable without any Xiaomi devices.

Also add either to the name or description of each device its current 16 bit addresses, and watch for changes. The address looks like "DA2E" or similar

1 Like

Just curious - which Xiaomi devices were you using? I have the Mijia light sensor ( GZCGQ01LM - Zigbee 3.0) that has worked for over 7 months along with a bunch of other devices, so not sure that is a problem.

Do you mean the Zigbee ID? Mine (at least for the Xiaomi device) does not have that identifier. If something different, where would I find it? Or is it the 4 character Network ID?

Ah, mine were the older Xiaomi devices, not Zigbee 3.0. I had the Aqara motion, vibration & water sensors and aqara button. I do now have a Xiaomi 6 button controller zigbee 3.0 working fine. I have no experience with the Mijia light sensor. I know I did have problems with a Mejia motion sensor.
And sorry I meant the Network ID. Ideally it should be steady. I've had problems where devices would change their network ID and it caused problems, although there is not a 100% correlation.

And watch you HE hub that it doesn't change it's PAN ID. PAN ID is located under settings-> Zigbee details and should remain static.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.