Iris 3315-l (centralite) battery @ 0% when new

I'm having some problems with a water sensor not reporting battery (actually reports 0%), but is still online. I've put multiple new batteries in, reset the device and re-added it to the hub. It seems online looking at the logs, but my notification rule to monitor my leak sensors is useless if this won't report. Curious if anyone has any feedback. This seems like a know issue with these sensors according to this other post.

Alternatively what zigbee or zwave water sensors are reliable that folks recommend? This is tied to my main water shutoff and I want this automation to work to avoid a basement issue.

FWIW this sensor is ~6ft from the hub. Logs below.

Thanks,

Michael

I don't have any of the Iris 3315-I sensors. I am using ThirdReality leak sensors, models 3RWS188Z. It comes in two versions. One is just the leak detector. The other includes some metal parts that attach so it can detect smaller (e.g. drips) quantities of water. Here is a link for them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R9PS2KG

I purchased them in February 2022 and am still on the original batteries. They are still showing 100% for battery. They do work well, sounding an alarm and communicating with the hub the event. I have them teamed with a Leak Smart whole-house water shut-off valve. It does shut off if a leak is detected. The 3/4" size I purchased is currently unavailable but a 1" model is listed as available.

I have 20 or so of these sensors branded SmartThings made by Centralite just like Iris. Batteries last close to 2 years but will say they are terrible at battery reporting. The % falls slowly and will stay on 0% for 4-6 months yet still continue to work. When I change the batteries I always reset by holding the button as I insert the battery and rejoin to the mesh, falls in place with previous device. The battery will then report 100%.

I've used this same process in the past as I have about 10 of these with some success. This is my 2nd unit now that just refuses to come back online. The hubs (have a C7 &C5) find the device but it won't finalize the pairing. I think the device is the issue.

The pairing with the C& is 8ft away in the same room with line of sight.

I'm inclined to either order the zooz models or try the ones @StephenH recommended above.

I have a Rule Machine rule that runs a few times each week specifically to get updated battery status values from my Lowes Iris v2 (Centralite) 3315-L water sensors. The rule simply calls the "refresh()" command on each of these sensors which then results in them sending a battery status report to the hub. This has worked very well for years. My battery life on these is typically 18-24 months.