IP refuses to Connect

Also, I've looked on the Orbi app, and the IP addresses match from what Orbi is reporting and what Hub is reporting.

Let me go see if I have one in my cord box. I'll try and brb.

1 Like

I've located another ethernet cable and I've swapped it out. Now I'm waiting on the powercycle to finish

1 Like

What brand switch is it?

It was from an at&t/direct tv box. So I've completed the powercycle!

Sorry but @aaiyar was asking about a Switch NOT just a cable.
There should be a setting in the Orbi so what model do you have ??

1 Like

Thanks Nic! Yup, that's what I meant.

I have an Orbi RBR50. And I've just googled what a switch is, so there's that. I do not have any ancillary equipment connected to the Orbi. Here's everything that is physically plugged into the Orbi: Modem, Hubitat. And power cord.
I bought this hubitat to function as a Zwave connector to interact with the Schlage Connect that i just installed. I want to access the Hubitat via Orbi. And have everything run via Alexa. So the only reason why I have all this is to be able to open a lock. And I can't even get it to connect.

1 Like

Ok so I'm not entirely sure what kind of magic everyone here has, but I'm able to finally access the entire device discovery area.

Thank you all for your emotional support and kind suggestions! I'm going to try and get this set up while I can access it :slight_smile: :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok - so a bit of bad news. Lots of folk here haven't had great experiences with Schlage zwave locks (and they aren't on the compatible device list).

If you can, consider replacing it with a Schlage zigbee lock. Or another brand - Kwikset, Yale or Alfred.

2 Likes

I agree with you about Schlage of course and I know they have been removed from the list, but if he can get it working itโ€™s worth a try.

My z-wave Schlage is two years old and been on HE since May and works great.

2 Likes

Great to hear you're making progress. :+1:
I'm not sure what could have been holding things up, outside of the Auto-Negotiation issue (which "may have" been resolved via Hub update a while back @bobbyD ?).
Whilst I've chosen NOT to use either Alexa OR automated door locks, I recommend you make sure you use a passcode or similar to ensure only YOU have control over who can open your door lock !

1 Like

Hi,
You might like to check out this THREAD which MIGHT relate to your connectivity issue.

1 Like

received my new C-7 hub today.
I have an Orbi RBR40.
Hub found after entering ip address. tried connecting, connection refused.
Blue light on hub.
went to portal.hubitat and can see the info on the hub. Tried reboot, light went red then back to blue. still blue light after waiting 15 mins.
tried soft reset, no change.
tried full reset, no change.

The platform isnโ€™t loaded. Contact support. Also tagging @bobbyD.

Hello, and welcome to the Hubitat forums!

Blue light (or any color for that matter) doesn't indicate network connectivity. Like aaiyar pointed out, the platform isn't loading. You should be getting a green light if things are up and running. Hopefully bobbyD of the support team will be along soon, but you can always submit a trouble ticket by emailing support@hubitat.com.

Hub Information
Platform Version:
hub-2.2.5.131
Hardware Version:
Rev C-7
IP Address:
Diagnostic Tool Version:

submitted email to support.

Hi. I am not 100% sure but I think you should edit your above posts and delete your hub id. Only support need that detail.

@bobbyD

4 Likes