IP or Wyze Cameras

Hi All,
C7 model. I already have 3 wyze cameras reporting to dashboard. I want to mount a tablet next to front door to control camera. I would like the camera on the hubitat dashboard and allow use of microphone. What are your thoughts ? Anyone else doing this or should I just load wyze on the tablet by itself ?

Thanks
Sand

Please provide your hub model (C7, C8, etc.) and its platform version from Settings>Hub Details.

Check out the following post for help troubleshooting problems and gathering details that will help others to identify and solve the problem you are experiencing: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

wyze cameras do not support external web based streams outside of their app

2 Likes

You can flash the wyze cam with rtsp firmware. That's for v2 cams and the pan-tilt of the same vintage. I don't know the situation for v3 cams. I've run it, but it's too laggy for me - a general rtsp issue. It's also a pain to flash onto a pan-tilt - an extra eyeball would help.

I would not attempt to make my own doorbell camera unless it's something you want to do for knowledge and are willing to spend a lot of time on it. I think it will be more money than a commercial door bell cam.

Thanks all will probably just use wyze app on the tablet then probably be easiest