IP Camera integration

If this happens as consistently as you seem to indicate, it's time to take a good long hard look in the mirror .....

1 Like

I see you in back of me.

I said this because @Ranchitat's post earlier in the thread provided good instructions. Here is a screenshot of @Ranchitat's post in this thread:

If you know how to use HE software and you know how to use Blue Iris software, then these are simple instructions on how to make a Blue Iris camera trigger a motion sensor in HE.

If these instructions are hard to follow, it is most likely due to the user not being comfortable with either the HE software or the Blue Iris software. At this time the user should take the time to learn these two pieces of software after which the above instructions are easy to follow.

2 Likes

That should be telling you something.

We are generally very welcoming and very helpful. Occasionally someone comes along making unreasonable requests then simply ignore what we have to say and why and then criticize how it's done because it isn't "their" way and they know better. Just because I've been a network engineer for over 35 years doesn't mean I have a right to come into Hubitat's community and then tell the dev's that they have to add a gigabit interface and then document it all. No. I'm smart enough to say, "Hey, how come Hubitat didn't go with a gigabit interface", listen to their response and move on. I didn't go, well I've been a network engineer for 35 years and this is unprofessional and you guys should have documented that (even though it is documented but I didn't look close enough I just assumed since I didn't click away from a main page that it wasn't there). After repeated messages like that and constant criticisms, it tends to grate on the barn cats as you put it and it distracts us from our mousing.,

2 Likes

I think at this point in time that this thread has deviated far from it's orginal topic. @bobbyd will you us the honors of closing this thread and we can move on to new subjects.,,.,.,. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why did you not say that earlier, before the 1% got started?
Why did you suggest I write it, when you are satisfied with the existing notes?
My weakness is naivete. It's easy to see in this thread.

Just to clarify, I was only quoting Bryan :man_bowing:.
:slight_smile: @bptworld

2 Likes

It's a pity to see such a desocialized group.

I believe you posted these instructions in good faith, so I'm going to use them.

I did, I stated that @Ranchitat's post provided good instructions. I stated this in this thread, long before you started posting in this thread. I am surprised you don't realize this, since you are quoting my post stating this.

You obviously desire a much more detailed write up on this issue, If you feel there should be one, feel free to write one, nobody is stopping you. I am NOT unsatisfied or satisfied with the existing notes. I never used them. I typically don't refer to documentation for my HE endeavors. I prefer to learn the software by playing around with it, and if I have questions/problems I ask the nice people in this forum. This strategy has always worked well for me. But, I understand if others would like to follow detailed documentation, I encourage you to write it, if you think there is a need. (Seems like a lot of work to me, but maybe you have the time).

1 Like

Actually if you cared to moderate yourself and actually puruse the community board , you would see we're actually very social, very caring, and very passionate about the hobby and love to help others. What little is put up with are insults and being looked down upon. But I see even based on you continuing this thread and dropping insults, you would rather egg people on then have the good grace to actually listen to what people have said to you and why. I'm out of this thread and hopefully it will be locked soon. I suggest you move on to other threads where we will be glad to help you. This thread has run its course.

Yikes.

Now I'm getting messages from robots saying

Huh? Can I do that too?

Anyone can flag individual posts if they think it’s warranted.

For example, I didn’t flag any of your posts in this thread. Presumably someone else did. More than once.

We’d probably all be better off if the thread’s just closed at this point.

Much agreed, Mark.

Should you find it to be necessary, it is possible to block a specific user. It’s a rather extreme step IMO, but it exists.

Thank you Mark. After this experience I would not call it extreme. It is quite common on other forums.

OK, I think I got 'em all. If not, I know where the button is now.

You may not realize it, Mark, but there are some rough forums out there. It's a sign of our times. I have seen some of them. There are some nasty people online these days (I've been online since 1990). I don't try to deal with them, I just block them. It's the only way. Thanks to you, I'll be able to work with the 99% decent people on this forum. I would never have found that button. Thanks man.

In general, I just want to emphasize that this is not one of them. @rlithgow1 , @JasonJoel , @marktheknife, @aaiyar , @Ranchitat and @Stephan.J have all been very helpful, generous with their time and experience, and have given me great help and suggestions with my journey with HE. As I have stated several times before, one of the great selling points of HE to me was the fantastic community support, and all those above have been a large part of making this a useful, informative and supportive community for me (ymmv)! Anyway, JMHO (and I sincerely understand that everyone is entitled to their own). There are plenty of helpful threads in this community on IP Camera integration. This was one of them until it degenerated IMHO. Signing out!

6 Likes

I don't know if you consider me a good guy or bad guy and to be honest I don't care, if you feel like muting or blocking me please feel free to do so. But as one last piece of advice, before I check out of this thread, I would suggest not blocking or muting @rlithgow1 , @JasonJoel , @marktheknife , @aaiyar , or @Ranchitat

Combined these individuals have provided this community with 526 solutions to specific problems that were posted (123, 68, 60, 254, 21). Try randomly choosing 5 HE users and see what the total is, I would be surprised if you get a number higher than 50. These users are some of the most helpful people there are on this forum, blocking or muting any of them is, in my opinion, very unwise.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your home automation. Hope everything works out for you.

6 Likes