[iOS Mobile App Beta 2.0.0] What’s new in build 276

See this post for the initial release: [BETA RELEASE] New Hubitat Mobile App available in TestFlight for iOS - version 2.0.0

• Fix on thermostat full screen tile, to instantly show changes.
  • Fix for cloud updates on full screen tile for all devices.
5 Likes

TestFlight updated my app running on iPhone 14 Pro with iOS 17.5.1.

But now the app immediately crashes every time I try to open it. Submitted crash report with TestFlight.

@moncho1138

2 Likes

I noticed that this morning too.. I reported as well through TestFlight.

2 Likes

Is this both on local network and cellular and also can you share the hub version that is being used with the app?

1 Like

LAN.. it seems ok on Cell.. Whatever changed on build 276 seems to be the culprit. Both of my hubs (C5 & C7) are running: 2.3.9.154

1 Like

Not seeing any problems on lan or cell on iPhone 12 pro. I’m using Safari on iOS 18 beta. Hub software version .154

1 Like

Was on LAN when I noticed the issue. Tried connecting from 5G with WiFi turned off, app loads and runs without issues.

Turning WiFi back on and reconnecting to LAN causes app to crash immediately.

C7 hub running 2.3.9.150

Is the LAN the phone is connecting the same LAN as the hub?

Yes, just one /24 subnet assigned with DHCP (phone and hub both have reserved addresses FWIW).

Seeing the same crash on app startup with version 276 as well. Reported / submitted crash reports several days ago but no acknowledgement or feedback from developers. I have moved back to version 274 and all is working as expected.

1 Like

Rolling back to build 274 with TestFlight resolves this problem for me.

I just updated from 2.0.0 (276) to 2.0.1 (278) and it appears whatever they changed between 276 and 278 has resolved the crashing issue.. YAY!!!

1 Like

Same here. Thanks @moncho1138.

1 Like

Same here. Now on 2.0.1 (278) with no startup issues. But they apparently released the crashing version to the mainstream Apple App Store. Seen on FB. Comments indicate crashes. I question our value or impact for “Beta Testing”

I’m not able to reproduce that. And I was affected by the issue while in beta. I just installed the App Store version and it’s working fine.

The build sent to the App Store for general release (v 2.0 build 274) predated the build (276) that introduced the crash issue I was having (and @steelz1 too, apparently). And the newest beta build (v 2.01 build 278) already resolved the issue. So I’d say they’re doing a pretty good job overall.

Don’t believe everything you read on Facebook :slightly_smiling_face:.