[iOS 2.0] Geofence / Presence detection feedback πŸ‘

So far after 24 hours this looks promising. Hopefully the app stays connected to the hub. The prior app finally was working pretty good but then after a while it would get disconnected from the hub and you would have to go through the "change hubs" process to reattach the app to your device on the hub.

If the new app does not have this issue, this could be good for presence for trusted adults anyway. I still have not setup anything for the kids.

If it would be possible to have some sort of restricted mode users on the hub where the app is only for the geofence and maybe also "per user" selected dashboards that could be huge. I would have my kids use the app if it did not give them full access to everything. I have custom dashboards for each that they use via a web browser right now.

Top chart is me bottom is wife (still using old app). Even was working pretty good for her on the old app. Mine was apparently disconnected because there is no recent history until I connected the new app. Yes that looks very accurate, I don't have to leave the house that often.

1 Like

Would be cool if this was fixed.....

Also nice if we had some phone battery management options. Like only check every 5min, 10min, 20min, etc.. Or at least something to reduce the drain.

Geofence on my side worked yesterday but today never saw that I left the zone and is still indicating present on the hub but away on the app.

Yeah I have one blip now as well where I went to a store and came home but it never registered.

There was a crash related to enter/exit a geofence that will prevent sending the presence change. That is now fixed on build 239

1 Like

Build 239 made it worse. Once I left the house, the app is now crashing constantly, I cannot even open it. Thought maybe it would work better once I got home but still crashing. Geofence not working at all.

+1. Yes, please. This could be solved by allowing the setup of multiple geofences, which would add the functionality others on iOS are achieving by installing the Geofency app and [RELEASE] Geofency Presence