Integration with Konnected alarm system and Hubitat

Has anyone installed the app and drivers for Konnected alarm hookup to Hubitat and are they pleased with the outcome in controlling their home alarm through Hubitat once its connected? Also any news for a direct integration with Hubitat to avoid downloading and installing seperate code ?

Many people have installed the Konnected drivers and apps. They work very well, no issues.

I doubt there will be an official integration, but you never know. There isn't really a big driver to do so other than making it slightly easier on initial install.

Much appreciated! New to Hubitat and adding drivers and apps so before i tackled it, I wanted to make sure the effort was worth it lolo. Thanks again for your quick response!

This might help: Konnected Alarm Panel wired alarm system integration

Fantastic! I'll give it a look!

1 Like

I just installed it last night and was super easy to do. The important thing I learned is make sure you have a wifi router on the same network as the Hubitat. We use Google WiFi and it uses a different IP address and it made things complicated. I just used an old router and dedicated it for this instance and worked like a charm.

Google wifi has LAN where you can connect HE, I have HE, konnected and google wifi working without an additional router. If you needed more LAN ports( 1 port per wifi box) then an unmanaged switch works fine too.

Thanks VJV. I tried changing the LAN countless times but it wouldn't let me. Kept giving me an error. So I finally said, forget it. But maybe in a PM we can discuss how you did not to take this too far off topic.

Appreciate the feedback!

Curtman3 ,just who I was looking for, someone who just did it. So basically you add the app and device driver to Hubitat through the app code section?

Now one question before I go an purchase Konnected. Presently I have a Honeywell Vista 20SE wired system. It has its own battery backup. I finally was able to set alarm siren timer so it doesn't keep ringing continuously if, God forbid, the alarm is set off. So the only thing I really wanted to install Konnected for , was to be informed the alarm was tripped. Sure I'd like to have remote access to the system but notification of an alarm trip is what I was mainly interested in and apparently the 20SE panel has no way to do this. Now presently its self contained , meaning it needs no wifi and works with battery backup if power down. If I install Konnected, yes I'll have full control and will be notified, but if power goes down, then wifi goes down (even though I have a APC battery backup) and I'm out in the cold.

So I'd really appreciate your advice, just recently having installed Konnected, is it worth it? I'd really like your views and any hints on installation of app and driver.

Thanks to all for your help!

I'm sure you can use the siren as an output or there are programmable outputs on your alarm system, then connect them to Konnected board. It was VERY easy to setup. Just follow the directions on the Konnected website for setting up on HE. Just have to do some copy and paste stuff.

I'm using it to monitor the status my existing DMP panel via outputs (home, away, interior), which will communicate to the HE to set various lighting scenarios. I saved 2 inputs for contacts on two pantry doors to trigger the lights when the doors are opened.

This is my first time diving in to the home automation stuff and from start to finish, including wiring the contacts, done under 2 hours.

OK, Cut and paste it is! Thanks for your time

Sorry one last question, did you purchase and install the ORIGINAL Alarm panel or the new Interface model that connects in parallel with your present alarm system

Konnected sells mini ups backups. They have 12 volt and 5 v outputs. I put one on my Hubitat hub, one on my net gear Orbi router and one on the Konnected board. I tested mine and at 7 hours on battery mode, the system was still purring along. I like them over inverter ups as you are very limited on the time you have with those. If you get them, do not get the ones they have on clearance as they had an issue with circuits on initial run and they can be finicky on low power draw hardware and not provide power out while they are charging. Even though it says the discounted one works on smart hubs, it would not work with the c5 Hubitat correctly so they refunded me and I bought the regular version.

Great to know and thanks for the tip on the clearance issue vs regular backup

Sorry for the deal. I installed the model that connects parallel with my existing alarm panel.

I figured it out today. Thanks for giving me insight to check what I did wrong initially.

1 Like

Ahh, parallel, I think thats going to be my route too! In fact, i ordered a new alpha numeric 6160 keypad yesterday so I'd be able to program my alarm easier. I noticed with that Konnected system if i just wanted to know if any sensors were tripped an then allow Hubitat to let me know, that I wouldn't have to go through the issue of installing the relays to allow me to turn off an on my system. I just want to know if the alarm was tripped. Also hope Nate figured out the zone one issue on the Honeywell vista systems using the parallel konnected route. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.