Integration of frient, complete device catalogue into Hubitat

As I understood, Hubitat already got one...

Yes, we have the keypad, however it and the button controllers arent joining like the other devices do, ill be working with them to get some packet captures so hopefully we can sort this out.

2 Likes

Hi, I have purchased the frient smart button in the hopes it would be supported. However it doesnt seem to work. Is there a driver for this device or is one in the works?

Thanks

I believe that is in phase 2 or Mike's plan.

1 Like

According to the post just prior to yours, development of a driver to support the button is ongoing.

2 Likes

Well that's a bit embarrassing. I scan read the post and saw there was complications getting the keypad working but totally missed the comment about the button controllers.

Anyway I might take a stab at getting one working as I found some information from the smartthings edge driver .

Sorry for wasting everyone's time

1 Like

Not a waste, we all do the quick read sometimes and miss some detail. Can't tell you how many times I've gone down that rabbit hole...

2 Likes

They wont join...

Hi. @mike.maxwell

Sorry your probably talking to an idiot here but I think I have my device joined and reporting. When I push the button I get the following log

Sorry if I am misunderstanding the terminology but I normally use Zwave devices and this is my first attempt with Zigbee devices so not familiar with the standard.

This is just the debug logging that's enabled for 30 minutes when a device initially joins.

Hi
got a Friend Heat Alarm to try. It integrated easily. But can we have the function where we can trigger the alarm from the hub please? I am thinking to get a couple of the smoke alarm and would like to 'interlinked' them
thanks

Im not aware of the device being capable of this function..

This appears to be a battery device, which means that, even if capable, it wonā€™t see the request until something wakes it upā€¦

This depends on the actual implementation but most zigbee battery devices are configurable without being specifically woken up...

1 Like

Sorry to bother...
Any news about the integratiin of keypad?

No update

Ok thanks for the info.
Looks like I'll have to get one of the centralite...

Thanks. I was hoping it can as there was a review comment on the amazon that someone managed it with Home Assistant . They could also set duration. But this is with the smoke alarm and i thought the setup is similarā€¦

I recently purchased the Frient water leak sensor, but didnĀ“t realize it hasnĀ“t been intergrated into Hubitat yet. however, it will pair and shows up as a Smoke senser and will report if contacts are shorted.

Would there be chance that we could get this sensor integrated with it's own driver so that we can correctly see it?

On a related note, could we get more features in the driver(s)? I am specifically looking at the plug, but perhaps there are other features available as well for the smoke sensor etc.

like what specifically in regards to the plug?

I'll look at the water sensor, its sitting right on my desk, The driver for this will be in the next build.

2 Likes