Integration of frient, complete device catalogue into Hubitat

Hello,

We have been looking into the Hubitat platform lately, and are interested in having our devices integrated into the platform. I have seen that some of the community members are already familiar with our devices.

We are a Danish manufacturer of high quality Zigbee Smarthome sensors and alarms

What are the possibilites of integrating our product portfolio to the Hubitat platform?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
frient

12 Likes

Very cool! Tagging @mike.maxwell.

I'm not affiliated with Hubitat, other than as a user, but in general, manufacturers have provided Hubitat staff with device samples and documentation which Hubitat staff use to write Hubitat drivers for those devices.

2 Likes

Hi @AABfrient You want to contact @mike.maxwell. Interestingly enough I purchased one of your Air Quality Sensors and ended up sending it to him to work on a driver. Hubitat is very good about working with manufacturers (just take a look at their compatibility list)

3 Likes

Hi aaiyar

Thanks for tagging!

Sounds great. We often hear from integrators, that we do have quite good technical documentation.

1 Like

Hi @rlithgow1

Great! Hoping he will answer here on the topic, as I am not able to directly message him (due to being a new member in the community :smile: )

Will be happy to provide @mike.maxwell with both documentation and devices to integrate!

4 Likes

@bobbyD can you give @AABfrient pm posting ability?

2 Likes

@AABfrient I hope you consider selling here in the US at some point. Your products look great. My hope is that you do a wired interoperable smoke/co detector.

4 Likes

@AABfrient welcome aboard. Glad you joined us. I am going to send you a private message with more details. Please be on a lookout for a notification in the upper right corner.

7 Likes

Yeah I was having a look at your smoke and heat detectors. Quite interesting.

4 Likes

Thanks to all of you for the interest in our products!

@rlithgow1 US is indeed interesting for us, and i can reveal that we are currently discovering how to enter the US market!

@bobbyD Great! Will respond to your private message.

Great community with swift answers! :slight_smile: :smiley:

15 Likes

ive a monition sensor and a contact sensor in a box waiting for this

4 Likes

@AABfrient Don't forget Australia. Smartguys.com.au would be a good one to reach out to if you want to bring products down under. Thanks for reaching out to the HE team and community. Great to see.

5 Likes

This would be cool! I have a frient motion sensor pro, which is capable of being paired with HE, but doesn't seem to report any data. It should report motion, lux level and temperature. It would be great to have it natively supported by HE.

I like that it uses a couple of standard AA batteries (although of course that makes it fairly bulky compared to some sensors)

The electricity meter interface also looks interesting :+1:

4 Likes

Will definitely keep that in mind! Thanks for recommendation :smile:

3 Likes

Glad you like our products. :smile:

All of our products uses standard AAA or AA batteries except for our Smart Button, which uses a coin cell battery.

3 Likes

If you have any draft drivers that you'd like the community to test, there are several of us waiting for them that would be happy to try them out i think, @AABfrient !

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell is currently working on them. He received their full line of devices.

8 Likes

Excellent i can dig them out of the box of shame soon

1 Like

My fervent hope is that we have someone like @AABfrient do a fully wired, interconnected smoke/co alarm in zigbee or z-wave. Right now our only choice is Nest (wifi and cloud based at that) or First Alert (z-wave) which is battery only and not interconnected.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love a recessed zigbee motion sensor which can be powered via cable so I can mount it in the ceiling and not worry about it ever again. I try and avoid batteries wherever I can. Only exception is Lutron Picos because of the extraordinary battery life - 10 years!

2 Likes