Integrating AC Unit

Hello,

I have some Daikin AC units at my house that are controlled only by a wall controller
that has Bluetooth but no Wi-Fi.

I can connect to that controller with Bluetooth, and control the ACs using the Madoka Assistant app (Daikin's app) or from the wall controller, but there is no remote.

I am trying to find a way to integrate with Hubitat but cannot think of a good way to do it. I see that Madoka has an IFTTT integration but I am trying to avoid that.

Does anyone have any ideas for a better integration?

If there's IFTTT integration something must have an IP interface. If it's not the bluetooth remote it must be the unit itself. Otherwise no internet and no IFTTT and likely no app either (though the app could use bluetooth).

I did find this in the forums, which leads me to think if you have the optional wifi interface on the AC units you may be in luck...

1 Like

All I can tell you is that I have Daikin minisplit units in two buildings, with a total of five internal devices. Each of those internal units required a special wifi adapter from Daikin, a bit smaller than a deck of playing cards, which sits outside the unit. This appears to be typical for minisplits, and it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it at least allows for remote control via the internet, to some degree. Daikin has a rather "cludgy" mobile app. It works, but it's certainly not at the level of the more sophisticated thermostat apps.

There are one or two Daikin drivers for HE available here on the forum, but with respect to whomever coded them, they're stuck at sort of a beta test level that never really advanced past that. They work, but things like changing temps isn't very fluid or smooth, and you often find yourself punching the temp dashboard buttons up or down repeatedly to get a temp change to "stick". And if you're in the US, Daikin and many other minisplits are designed for the rest of the world, so the app/driver is trying to do a conversion to Celsius that is often a bit less precise than just a simple one or two degree Farenheit change. Both the Daikin app and the HE driver do a decent job of allowing you to simply turn a unit on or off, which is helpful but not very precise.

For strictly bluetooth control, I have no idea what you might do. Sorry.

BTW, we have a Mitsubishi minisplit in another building we own, where my wife has a small shop. I love it, and think that their mobile app (Kumo Cloud) is head and shoulders better than Daikin. Except for being cloud based, I think it does everything I want in remote control of a minisplit. The next building we build or buy will very likely have Mitsubishi instead of Daikin, for several reasons that include the remote control/wifi/app situation.

Finally, @sburke781 is working on local control for Mitsubishi that I reallly need to find the time to help test, but I don't think he has any Daikin units. Sorry for the long post, but hopefully somewhere in there you'll get an idea for something that might help. My guess is that their wifi adapter is a possibility.

2 Likes