INNR 242 turns off and on due to power spikes

Recently bought some INNR 242 outlets (UK specific) and was seeing some problems where the power would cut out and then turn back on again. I have been living with it as is infrequent but then I came across this thread a couple of days ago:

This acknowledges that there is a known problem where the outlets turn themselves off due to some built in circuit protection (towards bottom of thread). Literally within minutes of me finding the post a solution was presented with a new firmware update. I wish all technical problems were resolved like that!

From what I can tell for Zigbee firmware updates I need these to be loaded by Hubitat staff so that the app can access them. Is this correct, how do I make it happen? There is a link to the new firmware posted on the thread.

@support_team:

You know, this is not the only one.
Some of my Zooz Z-Wave power monitoring plugs do the same.
Sometimes, there will be an erroneous reading which will make the device think it's overloaded, so it shuts itself down.
One of the Zooz plugs allows you to turn off this self protection feature; I feel all plugs should have this option.
I don't know how INNR's firmware revision works, but it's probably hard to filter out the erroneous readings internally.
For the Zooz plugs, @jtp10181 's driver filters out erroneous readings to the Hub, but internal erroneous readings that trigger a device self-protective shutdown, like current (amps), I believe, still occur.
Also, another reason to not get a power monitoring plug: this is what circuit breakers are for. :slight_smile:
edit: They're getting too fancy for their own good. :slight_smile:

They said they increased the threshold by 3% which should remove all but the most extreme instances. Mine seem to trigger when the sun comes out and so suspect the solar/battery is causing the overload. Lets see if the firmware does the job.

1 Like

Ahh, excellent. Would be good if the team could make this firmware available through HE - i have just come across this myself, and was wondering what to do next!

I know @mike.maxwell has gotten f/w files from Innr in the past (for the 224 and 234 plugs), so hopefully he can get any available updates for these 24x plugs.