InfluxDB Logger issue

App Code.
line 95:

// app?.updateSetting("accessAllAttributes",[value:"false",type:"bool"])

remove the // and save, then open the app.

Go back into the App Code and either put the // back or remove it entirely.

1 Like

I did it first using the Line 166 method. That also works by commenting out that section, then putting it back. Second solution about Line 95 also worked. Thanks!

I spoke too soon. The devices are still selected in the Status Page for InfluxDB, but in the GUI, there are no devices showing selected. Also, I noticed that I am using Custom Attributes.
Is there another solution for getting information into Grafana without using Node Red?

Line 95 is a "trick" to get you out of the blank hole :smiley:

Line 166+168 push the selectors to the bottom.

Then opening a dropdown, I get all the attributes:

This is just wild stabs... I don't use this, don't know what it's supposed to do/look like. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

dennypage has been invited on GitHub for this repo.

2 Likes

I looks like it has issues with nested sections, if you comment out 152 and 172 then it works fine allowing the section on line 166 to work. Don't mind my other modifications in the screenshot, I was trying out various things to see what was going on.

@gopher.ny is this intentional or a possible bug?

1 Like

What exactly is the issue? Nested sections not rendering properly?

Yes, two cases in different apps where a nested section is causing either just a white screen or an error on the page but no error in the logs. Once either the top level or nested section is removed the page will load.

1 Like

Double checked it internally, nested sections are not supported and we have no plans to support them in the future. It will throw a meaningful exception starting with next hotfix.

1 Like

Is this is a new restriction ?

There were two cases that ring a bell regarding a roll back... this is just one.

I'll roll back my Dev Hub to 2.3.1.142 and check...

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 8.58.45 AM

Update...
Yes, first quick test indicates it works fine in 2.3.1.142
PM sent

I've committed a fix.

FWIW, I went back and checked the original SmartThings doc. I don't think nested sections were ever supported, they just happened to work. And in this particular case, I'm not sure they are actually helpful.

This code is pretty crufty at this point. It could stand a complete rewrite.

:smiley: I don't use this app, never have, but Nested Sections seemed to be something I'd do someday. :smiley: So I've been poking my nose in.

I can't understand what purpose it served in this code, so eliminating it seems wise. But in the interest of protecting myself from this error, the test seems to indicate this probably worked in previous platform versions. Both HPM and HubConnect use Sections extensively... but not nested :smiley: I can just see myself making that mistake. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that was a addon though for Hubitat to support custom virtual drivers. The original InfluxDB Logger for Smartthings only used supported capabilities.

Need to update the package manifest also with new version # so it prompts people using HPM there is an update. Otherwise they will have to manually run a repair to get the update.

1 Like

In referencing SmartThings, I was referring to the SmartThings Classic system, from which much of the Hubitat concepts are derived. The concept of nested sections is not in the SmartThings documentation, so I think it's something that accidentally happened to work rather than an intended feature. Given @gopher.ny's statement, this seems to be correct.

Good point, thanks. I actually had not noticed that there was a manifest when I made my commit.

Edit: There wasn't a version number in the manifest. I've added one... hopefully that triggers the update for folks using hpm. Appreciate it if someone tested to confirm. Thanks.

There is two places you can have the version and it was already in there in the top level, now its in there twice. For this app since it is ionly one file I would use the top level version. For some of my driver packages I removed that and list each individual driver version for each file.

HPM is not finding it as an update, I suspect it is seeing the top level version and not going any further.

1 Like

I thought the version on line 4 is the version of hpm metadata. I have this in all of my manifests and have since the first version.

Edit: Looking at the hpm dev doc now... FUDGE.

Confirmed, it's a backwards compatibility issue. There will be a fix...

Yes was just going to post this:

2 Likes