Indoor "feels like" temperature calculation

Happy to share the Thermal Comfort device driver, but it's really just an attribute placeholder, not a compute module. Node-Red is doing all the computing. I cracked open the javascript that powers the node-red-contrib-comfort node - given the complexity of the calculations, I decided there was little benefit in re-implementing as either a Hubitat app and/or a device driver.

I could share the Node-Red flows, if you are up to deploying Node-Red and going through the learning curve. To get an idea about what that entails, see A Node-Red Introduction for Hubitat Owners and Node-RED nodes for hubitat.

As for the correlation between occupants' sensations and the ASHRAE index, they generally agree. There are several input parameters to the index computation that can't be measured (well, not without really going to extremes!) - airspeed, metabolic rate, clothing level. But these can be inferred 'close enough', given the situations that dominate in the time of day ranges I'm varying septpoints within.

So as I said, interesting exercise, but it didn't lead me to believe that manipulating thermostats and dehumidifiers using thermal comfort index as the controlled variable was better than dewpoint.

Strange, but the occupants aren't as impressed with the ASHRAE computations and fancy Grafana visualizations as I am. Nobody was demanding to know the current thermal comfort index and sensation. :person_shrugging: Does that sound familiar to the home automation enthusiasts out there?

I think dewpoint control gets you 95% of the way there, given my experiences here in my climate.