[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

I have 3 of the 500 series V2 running with no issues, check this post with some tips and a custom driver that lets you set a parameter to cut the reporting in half.

Replaced them last year and no longer have them.

I have 4 of them. They killed my z wave mesh on my new C7. I had to move back to C5. They work great with C5

1 Like

Haha I have several zen25 and zse40s. The apocalypse combination to C7. They work well on C5 for me.

2 Likes

Hummm that may explain why I've had nothing but problems with these in the last year. Previously I had them on a C4 with no problems. On a C7, even with all the firmware up data, parameters tweeked and and everything disabled, they still crash my network within a day or so. I finally just gave up on them. On the plus side I have 3 additional paperweights.

1 Like

For me, Zooz should be able to find the problem and fix it in a firmware update.

I thought I had 4 of them, NO I have 5 !!! I use them as Christmas ornaments ! :wink:

It's been a year since the issue was first identified so I would not hold my breath for an update to fix it.

They SHOULD but they probably WON'T.

I solved the problem buying competition products that work like a charm !

1 Like

@agnes.zooz : Is the problems with ZEN25 is a case closed on your side ? Is there some engineers working on it ? It seems the problem occurs on C7 with many devices. For me it should not be so difficult for your engineers to reproduce the case.

Thank's

1 Like

We're still working on it but can't find a reliable way to reproduce the issues and without it, it's nearly impossible to find which part of the firmware is causing it.

1 Like

I'm giving up on them. Replacing them with cheap Zigbee switches.

Using Cheap Zigbee Mini Smart Plugs With Hubitat - YouTube

:+1: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're welcome to come to my house anytime :slight_smile:
I can reproduce it in 1 hour.

1 Like

If so, my Christmas tree is lit this year!!!! (I have got 5 Zen25 and 3 or 4 ZSE40) haha

My guess is the power reporting if you turn that off it seems fine. I seem to remember if you have it on and it is having trouble communicating it can easily send a million messages bringing the mesh down.

That's what I thought for a while, but there seems to be something else at play.

When I only had 1 ZEN25, things seemed reasonable. When I added 2 more, for a total of 3, things totally destabilized, even with power reporting turned off.

I then removed all 3 from the network, rebooted the hub and power cycled a few other switches and everything is rock solid again.

Out of curiosity, how many ZEN25s do you have in your network & which hub are you using?

Marc

Just 1 c7

I don't understand why it is complex to replicate the problem.

I did many tests (I have 5 ZEN25). Just use MORE than 2 ZEN25 devices on hubitat C7 with other Zwave devices (Since you have many, add 5 devices to your network), add other Zwave devices to your network. Try to use these other devices many times per day and for sure you will see VERY LONG delay waiting for answer from these other devices.

Please do something.

1 Like

I was the one who pushed this issue over a year ago...received the same wave off from @agnes.zooz then too. Unfortunate because I have at least 6 of these plugs, but can only use one without my network imploding. Zooz support is terrible and I will not be purchasing their products again.

4 Likes

Nope. I have it turned off, and they still crash my network within a few days of adding them to the network. Not only that, but there are some related settings that don't give you the optin to disable. With those I just set it to the longest possible time, retort every 24 hours.