[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

I literally just got on here looking for support for my ZooZ double plug. It pairs (after a bit of lag) just fine using S2 unauthenticated but does not respond to switch commands, and eventually just ends up as "Failed". I was able to update the various reporting frequencies to like 1h each and it works. It's just the switches are not able to turn on/off. It seemed to freeze up at one point (even ignoring hardware input)...

I'll try to join it without security and see if that helps. Glad to share logs, etc.

Edit - no dice joining without security (Though I have never been able to get any of my other Zooz devices added without s2). Looks like the logs did dump a bunch of "debug" data on the device though. Going to leave it out of the network for now.

1 Like

All I get for configval18 is 4 as well. I tried the Basic ZWave Tool but it didn't seem to do anything I tried the parameter report for 18 and nothing and tried putting 18-1-1 in the fields to configure it and it didn't appear to do anything. I did check and notice there was an updated version of the tool so I updated but had the same results.

When you try the parameter report don't put in a parameter value, just click on that command and you should get a full report for the device in your logs, and you'll be able to see parameter18's value in the list of parameters.

2020-12-06 16_32_10-A Zooz Double Plug

So when you put 18, 1, 1 and to set the parameter you din't see any results in your log showing paramerter 18 being set to 1 (as below)?

1 Like

So I would say it's not just the Double Plug that has issues when paired with S2 security..

The Zen 23/24 switches and dimmers seem to have this as well though maybe not to the level of stopping the mesh.

It's no issue for me as I have been pairing unsecured but others have been reporting trouble.

Note: I did try and pair S2 unauthenticated and got a ghost so maybe slightly different issue OR the Zooz engineers are doing something different (in general) with their devices than HE expects...

1 Like

Where does one see the "GetParameter" button? It isn't in my device properties.

Check this out..

It's a custom driver you temporarily replace your devices driver with and it will allow you to query and set parameters for the device. When done simply set your device back to the original driver. Very handy.

2 Likes

As @erktrek notes - get that driver and install it.

Then temporarily change your Zooz double plug device to that driver. Then you can access those controls to view/set your parameters. Then switch back to the regular Zooz double plug driver. Sorry - dupe of above.

2 Likes

In my case, I set it to 18,1,1 and the logs reflect that, but if I go into the device, it says configValue18 is still 4.

Same...the entry on the Device page below, correct? If so, don't worry about that for now - it seems that the displayed parameter values there don't get updated properly/quickly. I updated mine, verified in the logs early this morning. But mine still says 4 on the Device page. Hopefully when the work week starts @bobbyD can confirm.

I get the following error in the logs when i try the version or parameter reports:

It shouldn't be paired secure.

And you're just clicking on this option from the Device page after changing the driver?
Not entering a parameter number, correct?

2020-12-06 16_32_10-A Zooz Double Plug

Correct, originally I was putting in the parameter number but when I captured those logs I didn't.

1 Like

For what it’s worth I have two of these plugs on my c7 for maybe six weeks now.

Both paired with NO security and power reporting threshold disabled and other report cranked to maximum time.

Originally they were both dropping but have been solid now for over a month.

Oops forgot the pic

The Zen15 also has issues with being paired securely. It doesn't take down the mesh (that I can tell) but it doesn't report power. Power reporting is fine if paired unsecurely though.

Seems to be some widespread S2 issues...

I'm not sure it's entirely an HE S2 issue - it may be Zooz and their interpretation of 700 series spec as expressed in their device firmware..

1 Like

Odd, I've switched drivers and generated the report about five or six times and it's always worked.

What do you get in the logs when you try to set parameter18?

The Zen15 only support S0 security. S0 has its own issues unrelated to Hubitat. The general recommendation is to pair w/o security or S2.

Also make sure you're running the latest firmware on the Zen15. Pretty sure the latest is 1.06.

On my C4 don't see an issue. All power reports are off. The plug was fine on ST, so I'm guessing something with the new 700 series firmware and the plug

I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe silabs. The 700 series seems to have lots of "quirks". This is one of the times I am glad I still have a C5 in addition to the C7, and that Hubitat didn't "upgrade" that C5 Zwave firmware.

2 Likes