Inactive Device

I am new to HE and home automation. I added a GE Smart Switch Plug-in which now shows its status as Inactive. It doesn't respond to commands (off/on).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Which driver are you using for it? Try the Generic Zigbee Outlet if that's not what is currently listed as it's type...if it is a Zigbee device of course.

Some of us have started adding XBee Zigbee devices to our tool kits and we're finding faulty devices and devices with poor reliability. The GE Smart Switches have beenflagged by another HE user as problematic.

I just finally received my XBee and discovered one of my Zigbee lights I've alway been looking at cock-eyed it indeed faulty. The manufacturer is sending me a free replacement.

If you're looking for a simple on/off outlet, the new IKEA Trådfri outlet works with HE and is a decent repeater for all Zigbee devices I own, including the really nice and very inexpensive Xiaomi devices, which most Zigbee repeaters are incompatible with since Xiaomi don't follow the Zigbee spec exactly. The Trådfri Outlets are not the strongest of repeaters, but the do work and they're so inexpensive, you can just buy enough to cover you home without breaking the bank.

I'm using the Generic Z-wave Smart Switch. Funny, I change drivers from this to the Generic Z-wave Switch without success. I then selected the Generic Z-wave Smart Switch and it now shows as Active but doesn't respond to simple on/off commands.

If it's a Z-Wave device. Try generic Z-Wave outlet and do a Z-Wave repair if you moved it from the original location.

It is a Z-wave device and I'll try using the "outlet" driver later today, thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.