In case you missed it! A sneak peek into the near future

In case you missed last night's Hubitat Live! episode:

The episode wraps up with a sneak peek of some of the cool new features that are coming in the next update:

• User assignments to specific dashboards that can be shared via QR codes (@ 21m:25s)
  • Simple Automation Rules 1.1 - new triggers and enhancements (@ 23m:11s)
  • New built-in app "Thermostat Controller" (@ 23m:57s)
  • Rule Machine's most requested feature: export and import rules (@ 24m:34s)

New Built-in app: Hub Mesh - seamlessly allow devices from one hub to be shared with another hub, without the need to install any additional apps or drivers (@ 25m:25s):

14 Likes

Is there a way to see the changelog or is it only available to beta testers currently?

2 Likes

Be still my pounding heart... you mean my home automation configs can now all be put under revision control, just like REAL SOFTWARE? I'll need to sit down.

8 Likes

They are currently only available to beta or in the video (@ 10m:25s) :slight_smile:

1 Like

And by slowly going through the YouTube video from last night.

5 Likes

I left timestamps in the Hubitat Live thread in the lounge - "why aren't you watching" - or something like that.

4 Likes

@bravenel With the new import/export rule feature, does that mean that we could now theoretically code rule machine rules in our preferred editor and then just import them in to Rule Machine, in the process bypassing all “rule creation by dropdown boxes”?

2 Likes

Not very likely to happen, unless someone writes a rule editor (ha, pretty much what RM is).

Simple Rule

{"deviceReplacements":{"49":{"deviceName":"Office Osram on DCR440 C-7(45)","deviceLabel":null,"deviceTypeName":"Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)","deviceTypeNamespace":"hubitat"},"43":{"deviceName":"a door","deviceLabel":null,"deviceTypeName":"Virtual Contact Sensor","deviceTypeNamespace":"hubitat"}},"appReplacements":{"75":{"appTypeName":"Rule-4.0","appTypeNamespace":"hubitat","appName":"Rule-4.0","appLabel":"Simple Rule ","parentAppTypeName":"Rule Machine","parentAppLabel":"Rule Machine","singleInstance":false}},"appData":{"75":{"state":{"actionListMain":["1"],"connectors":{},"actionDone":true,"hasRuleAct":false,"selectActionsParams":{"thisStr":"Main","label":"Simple Rule"},"editCondIf":null,"usesTime":false,"inIf":false,"trigCustoms":,"repeating":,"capabDone":true,"locationBlocked":,"hasAll":false,"ndx.false":2,"lvList":,"ruleNdx":1,"timeTriggers":,"allVarsO":,"actLabelIndent":"","howManyT":2,"subscribedVariables":,"certainTimes":,"paramsDone":false,"prevState":{"PB":"true","43":"closed"},"installedCapabs":["Polling","PushableButton","IlluminanceMeasurement","ReleasableButton","Battery","Initialize","AudioVolume","ColorTemperature","MotionSensor","Alarm","Light","Thermostat","AccelerationSensor","Refresh","RelativeHumidityMeasurement","ThreeAxis","RelaySwitch","TemperatureMeasurement","Momentary","Lock","SwitchLevel","WaterSensor","Switch","ChangeLevel","Configuration","Actuator","Sensor","LockCodes","ShockSensor","ContactSensor"],"capabstrue":{"1.true":"a door open","2.true":{}},"lastEvtDate":"03-Nov-2020","actionsMain":{"1":{"wait":null,"delay":"","modes":{},"method":"getOnSwitch","indent":"","rule":0,"label":"On: Office Osram on DCR440 C-7(45)\n","cond":0}},"nestedInIf":,"actNdx":2,"installed":true,"lastEvtValue":0,"waitEvents":,"private":"true","capabActDone":false,"gvList":,"hasDevice":null,"hasCondition":false,"ndx.true":2,"allVars":{},"simpleCond":false,"nestedRepIf":,"lastEvtTime":"05:40 PM","inRepeat":false,"cutAction":,"hasWaitEvent":false,"nestedLabel":,"paramNdx":1,"howMany":2,"hasCompleteRule":false,"varUseList":{},"waitCondNdx":1,"hasElse":false,"capabsfalse":{"1.false":"a door open"},"timeTriggersW":{},"timeFormat":"hh:mm a","waitConds":},"appSettings":[{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"tCapab1","type":"enum","value":"Contact"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"tCapab2","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"actionDone","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"runAction","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":{"49":null},"multiple":true,"name":"onSwitchMain.1","type":"capability.switch","value":null},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"pausRule","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"actSubTypeMain.1","type":"enum","value":"Turn switches on"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"insertAct","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"delete","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"state1","type":"string","value":"open"},{"deviceList":{"43":null},"multiple":true,"name":"tDev1","type":"capability.contactSensor","value":null},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"tstate1","type":"enum","value":"open"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"rCapab1","type":"enum","value":"Contact"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"actionCancel","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"editAct","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"comments","type":"textarea","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"hasAll","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"cancelCapab","type":"button","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"cutAct","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":{"43":null},"multiple":true,"name":"rDev1","type":"capability","value":null},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"delayActMain.1","type":"bool","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"origLabel","type":"text","value":"Simple Rule"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"actTypeMain.2","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":true,"name":"logging","type":"enum","value":null},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"editCond","type":"enum","value":""},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"actTypeMain.1","type":"enum","value":"Control Switches, Push Buttons"},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":true,"name":"deleteAct","type":"enum","value":null},{"deviceList":null,"multiple":false,"name":"updateRule","type":"button","value":""}],"subscriptions":[{"handler":"allHandler","name":"contact.open","type":"DEVICE","typeId":43,"typeName":"a door","filter":"true"}]}}}

5 Likes

I can't wait to use this feature! Seems like this will really simplify connecting multiple hubs devices.

5 Likes

Totally agree + it will make migration a lot easier + now I can have another hub servicing the far end of the house and reduce need for repeaters.

PS I certainly hope there will be performance improvements for C4 users. I'm still stuck on 2.2.2 because of issues with 2.2.3

4 Likes

When can we get 2.2.4??? Really need the improved Z-wave on my hub :slight_smile:

A little cross reference doesn't hurt...If beta testing goes well, which seems to be the case as of today, the public release is near...

5 Likes

When they release it...... :wink:
Seriously though, it is in beta and will only be released when they are confident to do so.

5 Likes

Any love for the old C4?

carrot

12 Likes

Older models receive every bit of love as the newer model, with exception of Z-Wave enhancements :wink:

4 Likes

She'll be holding you to that, she's a jealous one my C4 :grin:

2 Likes

She certainly needs a partner to be HUB enMESHed

5 Likes

I see what you mean