Hubitat Live!

Seems like the dashboard niche is pretty well filled. I personally would like to see collaboration with developers on other things.

3 Likes

Well, I'm selfish. I want everything I don't use to be in a "future release" so they only work on the things I actually use.

:wink:

4 Likes

I completely agree. I couldn’t be less interested in another dashboard. If I had to access my phone, iPad or pc to control things, I wouldn’t have had a chance for my wife and kids to accept this. I mostly use Homekit if I do need to check something.

2 Likes

Like what?

2 Likes

It was great watching the live stream yesterday, it was informative about the direction that Hubitat is headed and some of the cool new features! One topic that I was really hoping to be touched on is the release timeline for 2.2.4- nothing was really said about that except for "a few more things left to do" . @bcopeland or other staff, could you give an indication how far we are from the release? Not necessarily asking for a date, but it would be nice to know if we are still weeks or month(s) away. As you can imagine, some of us are really hurting for the z-wave improvements and device specific updates that this release is poised to cover on the C7 hub

1 Like

It’s in beta.. So not long.. But as for more specific :man_shrugging:.. As soon as we are confident it is stable.

10 Likes

That would qualify as "cruel and unusual punishment" since they did the preview last night.

4 Likes

What I thought was interesting was what appears to be the commercial market uses of this. They weren't specific but I wonder if homebuilders and hotels and other large groups are getting on board. The dashboard users and rule loading certainly seem to be targeting markets beyond the prosumer markets. This is all a good thing for viability and possible competition from the Apple/Google standardization efforts.

2 Likes

Depends on how fast they fix the issues. I can say, though, that I don't think you would be happy running it as-is right now... How fast will they fix the quirks in it? Dunno, depends on how hard they are to fix.

If the past is any indication, once it is in beta it is usually days - not weeks - before release, though.

UDP ?

3 Likes

I can say the current group of beta testers have been amazing.. Feedback and bug reports are coming in at an amazing pace which definitely helps speed up the process.

11 Likes

Developers develop and find MANY bugs.. once they think it's good, (no more bugs in their testing...) they pass it along for Alpha Testing.

Alpha Testers find approximately 30-50% of the remaining bugs. When they believe it to be good, (no more bugs in their testing...) they pass it along for Beta Testing.

Beta Testers find approximately 30-50% of the remaining bugs. When they believe it to be good, (no more bugs in their testing...) they pass it along to allow a Release.

Initial Releases have roughly 15%-20% of bugs still left to find. Usually the final 10% are never found, before a new cycle of development and testing begin.

Beta Testing generally ends when the bug reports dwindle off to near nothing and finalizing the Release begins.

I'm solidly believing that, based on @bcopeland post, it hasn't dwindled yet.

CAVEAT: The above is my lifelong experience encapsulated into a bumper sticker type message :smiley:

7 Likes

Sounded to me like it was a management group for apartments, perhaps to change lock codes for new tenants, adjust thermostats, etc.

@bobbyD I don’t suppose you can share the new features / fixes in 2.2.4 ?

HAHAHAHA...

Watch the YouTube video and PAUSE it when Bruce scrolls down the list. :smiley:

4 Likes

Ah yes good thinking thank you. The mesh support looks great and I can’t wait to see the zwave map feature.

You can preview the topology map in many other tools but SiLabs's PC Controller provides a very similar result...

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 8.35.20 AM

All ya need is a 'spare' ZWave USB module and a SiLabs account.

2 Likes

Nice, will the map in 2.2.4 be similar ?

Yes

2 Likes

My wife and I both being profound deaf, we are looking forward to see improvement with notifications on mobile app.

3 Likes