I'm stumped. Is my new hub bricked?

So, I moved everything but my Samsung TVs from SmartThings to Hubitat in October because of reliability issues and have been happy with Hubitat so far.

About 4 days ago, though, things started acting up. Alexa would tell me certain devices were unavailable, but the commands still worked after a 2-3 second delay. Yesterday, nothing worked at all. No lights, no timers, no alarm system bridge, nothing.

Hubitat has the blue light. I have disconnected from power, but I still get the blue light after waiting 1-2 mins and plugging back in. I have changed routers, but still the blue light. I'm unable to access the hub through the local network and my remote admin account says there are no hubs associated with my email. I know it's not internet related, because my old ST hub is on the same router and the TVs work just fine.

I'm hoping it's not bricked, because it's 17 days out of warranty. Any thoughts?

Have you checked your network router to see if you can find the device?
When you disconnected power was the hub safe to do that ie had you shut down?

can you power it back up and wait i wonder if you have a corrupt database and it is trying to fix it which is why its taking time to come back up. leave it and see if it does then go to the diagnostic page by adding :8081 to your hub IP

1 Like

Are you able to reach the diagnostic tool at your.hub.ip:8081
If the blue light is on, the hub has power but the platform is not running, so it’s safe to remove power.

1 Like

I haven't checked the network map yet. I'll try that when I get home this evening.> Blockquote

The hub was inaccessible when I unplugged it. It already had the blue light and couldn't be reached from the local network.> Blockquote

I gave up on it around 9:00am yesterday morning. The blue light was still there when I left for the office this morning, so I doubt it'll fix itself. I'll try the :8081 trick this evening, too. I only learned about that this morning.

Thanks for clarifying that. I feel better, now. I'll check diagnostics when I get home this evening.

Probably should have the @support_team take a look

2 Likes

If it's not on my network map or :8081 doesn't work, I'll give that a shot.

2 Likes

The hub was showing on the network map and I was able to enter diagnostics mode. I updated the firmware and tried to reboot, but it froze. I had to do two soft resets and a restore, but everything works as intended now. Thanks to everyone for the help!

4 Likes

Can you post your z-wave setting page, I am wondering why it went of the rails to start with. Could have some wonky stuff going on from your migration.

I assume you're talking about this?

Yes, how long is this after the power up and what is the notification in the top right corner say?

Is that all your devices?

Are they all z-wave plus.

Have you now reserved the IP in your router?

That was roughly 1 -1.5 hours after I got everything restored. The notification said that there was an update available, but I had already installed that while restoring the system.

Those are all the z-wave devices. I believe they're all z-wave plus. My devices with custom handers aren't z-wave, though. Here are the other devices if it helps.

The address has always been reserved. I have learned over the years that it makes things easier if I reserve the address as soon as I add a new piece of equipment.

2 Likes

Can you post your z-wave details page in full? (settings>>z-wave-details)

If it says there is one it will likely have one. Also a database update and a firmware is different.

Ok there are two devices which don't looked to have connected. Hit refresh on the two with no route and see if they updated.

You have a few route changes aswell, keep a eye on those, it can be a symptom of a unsettled mesh.

It says I'm current.
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 1.48.15 PM

I suspect those didn't show a route because they hadn't been operated since the restore? They definitely showed up later in the evening, though. Here's the current screenshot.

2 Likes

This happens to me to sleepy end devices that are at the edges of my network. As soon as they report in, the route appears,

Those are all of my z-wave devices. Many of my devices use custom handlers and are connected through my network, not z-wave, zigbee or x10. That's the reason I chose Habitat when I left SmartThings. I still have the freedom to use custom handlers.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

No, I mean I'd like to see your z-wave details page with routes and all the other stuff

It doesn't seem to be an issue for me... they report in eventually. If it were a lot of them I think I'd start to worry.