Ikea Window Blinds Driver, Battery?

I thought I read that I could see the battery level of the Ikea shades using the "Ikea Window Blinds" driver. Where.
Also how do you fill this information out?
Thanks

Try the driver referenced in post [RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds found at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/master/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code.

That is what I am using. But thanks for replying.

It looks like you are missing lots of information under "Current States" (top right of your screenshot). This could be because you just added the device(s?) and they haven't reported anything yet, or it could be a communication problem between the device and your hub.

If you just switched to this driver, try a "Configure." If that doesn't change anything (it might not but is normally a good idea after switching drivers), try a "Refresh," which should try to fetch this data. If nothing changes there after that, I'd lean towards "problem." :slight_smile: The first thing you could to there is leave everything in place on Hubitat (e.g., don't delete the device) but just reset and re-pair it to see if that helps.

If not, blinds are often in odd locations that your hub or Zigbee routers ("repeaters") may have trouble reaching. In this case, you may want to look into general network troubleshooting of making sure you have a solid mesh, etc. Hard to say more without knowing more in this case, but that's where I'd start given the likely possibilities if nothing else helps.

It takes about an hour or two for my blinds to update the battery info FYI. Not sure if that info helps you.

Your device page should look like this then. I second @bertabcd1234 recommendation to try Configure / Refresh. Is the shade opening/closing when you click Open/Close on the device page?

Well, I have refreshed, I have hit configure, I do now see infomation in the current status section on the right, still no battery status, and my Commands are different. I am missing "Hard Open", "Off" and "On". I can open and close with the app. I can open and close and setup routines with Alexa. Oh, and I added 2 more shades and everything shows the same thing. Looked on phone and desktop. Any ideas. It is the battery I really need to see. Thanks

Update, I can now see battery level in the current status, I found a thread that said to hit Ping after I hit Configure. I am still missing the commands Hard Open, On and Off.

Sorry to suggest something so basic, but I'd make really sure that the driver you are using is exactly what is found at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/master/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code.

No, Good idea. I will go and overwrite it.

Good Idea. I just added the driver you linked me to. I then went and looked and I had 2 drivers with the exact same name, by different people. So I took all 4 shades, changed them to generic shades controller. Deleted both drivers I had. Readded the one you linked, changed the shades to it, updated, refreshed etc.... and BINGO. YEAH. Thank you.

1 Like