IKEA Trådfri Signal Repeater

That's what I understand too. Not sure when/how though.

1 Like

This is really helpful, thank you. I wish this info was available in the normal UI, but it's nice to know it's available at all.

Hi guys, I've paired an Ikea repeater with my HE just now but it won't report its state - I've done some troubleshooting but couldn't get it to work at all:

• Added a test zigbee device to HE but I was sitting centimeters away from the repeater and across the other side of the house from the HE hub yet the device wouldn't pair with the repeater which I checked under the HE's zigbee routing table
  • Deleted the device and re-added it
  • Rebooted HE
  • Deleted the test zigbee device and re-added it which ended up pairing with the HE hub again

Some devices are running off my bathroom hue light but I made sure I switched it off while performing the tests so that the test zigbee device wouldn't try and connect to it.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Wait. Zigbee will route on its own time.

There's no status for repeaters in the driver details.

How far is that and what obstructions, reflections and objects might be attenuating the signal?
IKEA Trådfri repeaters aren't the most powerful, but these sure do sound interesting.

2 Likes

Not unless you use these drivers rather then the native ones. [Release] Generic Zigbee Drivers with Presence and Recovery

Yes good find. They do sound interesting.
I hope that’s NOT a micro USB connector though. I hate those things !

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

The repeater seem to have picked up a couple of devices now - I'll check out the repeaters you suggested though. Cheers.

I'll give it go :wink:

I think the cost to Australia would be prohibitive though. Xbee is probably less expensive than that one for you.

And not out of stock :wink:

Indeed it is

xbees are quite pricey over here (now that the s2c's are no longer available) + you need to add the interface carrier for USB power on top of that. A good alternative is a CC2530/CC2591 combo which is far better then a CC2531 or tradfri.

1 Like

Any chance to add a poll/ping to the ikea tradfri repeater driver so i can verify it’s actually online and working?
Im never sure if any of my 3 are actually working as none of my devices seem to route through them.

Already posted in this thread

Just enter the URL shown, substituting where it says [Your Hub IP] with your actual hub IP

[http:// [Your Hub IP]/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Example of mine showing the routing through an IKEA signal repeater and two IKEA outlets (Living Room Outlet and Air Cleaner are both IKEA outlets).

http://192.168.0.166/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

2 Likes

Thanks, yes, Im aware of this. Only one of my repeaters show up in that list. 2 are missing.
Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [MOT LILI Sonoff, FA80] via [LB DIR CT Piano Lamp, CA00]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [LB GAR RGB Office 04, FE2D] via [RP MBR Cupboard Ikea Repeater 1, 9648]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [LB DIR RGB Couch Light, C137] via [RP MBR Cupboard Ikea Repeater 1, 9648]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [103 Iris V2 Zigbee, 62DD] via [103 Iris V2 Zigbee, 62DD]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [LB LILI CT Table Lamp Window 73, 4FD0] via [null, EEDC]

Do they show up under the Neighbor Table Entry?

Edit: You can also open a log page, and click on Get Link Quality from the device page for each of these repeaters ...

I'm encountering a similar situation with these repeaters. I have two installed on opposite sides of a concrete wall to get a zigbee signal into the garage. The garage repeater does not show on the getChildAndRouteInfo report, nor do the four contact sensors and a tilt sensor in the garage, but everything is working.

This has been explained.

These devices have no state. There's nothing to poll. They just need to do their job. If you don't see them in the table, check again later. Zigbee is going to constantly adjust routes. If there's no path through the device at the current time, there might be later when the routes are adjusted again. If every time you check, it's not there, then you probably either need to join it again, or you need a stronger repeater.

Check out the Xbee for a strong repeater. They're a little pricey, but they work really well.

The IKEA repeaters are weak. They do work, but they're not strong, so I wouldn't be surprised to see devices not route through them if there's strong signal attenuation.

2 Likes

I read somewhere on this forum that getChildAndRouteInfo will only give route for devices near the hub. (sorry, I can't find the link). As I remember, if your repeaters use lots of hops to get to the hub, it won't show up in the list.

I have zigbee devices which don't show up in that list but they do work fine.

Switched all of them to Marcus' drivers, and they instantly started to show up in the routing table....
Anyway, Marucs driver actually has the ping/poll feature I was looking for...

1 Like

This is coincidental and not because of a change in driver. The driver does not determine whether a device functions as a zigbee router. That happens at a much lower level.

At least that’s the way it is for other zigbee coordinators, and I have no reason to believe Hubitat is any different. @mike.maxwell would know for certain.

5 Likes