IKEA Trådfri Signal Repeater

Correct, the driver plays no role in routing functionality.

The alternative driver does help in more easily identifying when the device drops off the network. So it is better than the built in driver in this respect.

1 Like

I have a Philips Hue button that have a weak signal due to distance to the Hue hub (or whatever it's called). And I have a bunch of these repeaters that I got with the Ikea Blinds.
If I just plug them in, would they act to strengthen the network? I don't think there is a way to specifically include them in the Hue network.

Yes. No need to do anything else, they simply “repeat” the signal they receive.

My only complaint is that the are low power repeaters. The bonus is that they provide a +5v USB port.

1 Like

You must join them to the Hubitat Zigbee network in order for them to function as signal repeaters and the Hue button must also be joined to the Hubitat Zigbee network. The IKEA repeaters cannot be used with a Hue Bridge. If you need to repeat a Hue Zigbee network, this is done via Hue bulbs, light strips, or a Hue outlet. Innr Smart Plugs also work with the Hue Bridge to repeat signals.

6 Likes

Although you can pair a CC2530 (I think or similar one, I have a bunch of different ones acquired over the years) with the hue bridge but it requires the 3rd party hue essentials app to do so.