IKEA Tradfri Led Drivers

Just started migrating stuff from ST to HE. I did have problems discovering my Ikea 30W dimmer but after a few attempts, it got discovered and is now running fine. I also did not experience any problems with ST and hopefully the same continues with HE. Just wanted to share this should someone else consider the combination. This is the EU version should that make any difference.

Hi, yeah I ran 4 of these on HE without issue, nice units :slight_smile:

They are indeed nice units, but I noticed something interesting with mine. I bought a 10W driver for a single light bar and a 30W driver for 3 of them on the bigger counter. The 30W driver would not show up in HE no matter what I did to get it to connect, so I decided to link it to my Hue hub.

The Hue controlled driver dims much quicker to 0 than the HE controlled one, for starters. The HE controlled one doesn't report its status correctly in the Dashboard, and it also confuses Google Home. I can adjust the level of the HE driver, but the slider will bounce back to 100% and the status may flicker betwen on/off sometimes. Similar behavior in the HE dashboard, it will almost always show as On and 100% level regardless of its actual status.

I have a few rules already and these two plus a bulb are in a group, also members of Maker API and a couple of other things. I would like to link the 10W driver to the Hue hub for more seamless behavior between the two. How would I go about doing that without having to modify all rules?

I understand I'll have to change things for Maker API and Google Home anyway, but I was thinking I could just reset it, link it to Hue, sync the device and then fudge with the Device IDs to associate the new device to my existing rules. Would that work?

I hear ya. Although I don't think there's any avoiding the inevitable changing of rules, unless you group them?

I'm a new HE owner with Hue and IKEA hubs. Hue, IKEA, LIFX, Govee lights. Lutron Aurora's...

I haven't had luck pairing my IKEA lights to the Hue Hub. Can you link me to any instructions on the best way to do this? I feel like things changed with the recent Hue App update, and that this isn't an option any more, but I would love to be wrong about that!

Some lights may require touchlink to pair. You need to use the Hue Essentials App (app/play stores) to get touchlink pairing.

I paired 2 Ikea LED drivers to the Hue bridge last week. It was not fun at all. Even though my Hue bridge is on channel 25. I have to shut down 3 of my Hubitat hubs channel 18, 20 and bring the LED driver within inches from my Hue bridge for pairing. Took me a few tries to get them in the Hue bridge.

Tip : reset the driver by holding the reset pin until the light blink. Do this whenever the pairing attempt failed.