Ikea Tradfri Compatibility with HE

I can see 3 compatible items listed, but I wanted to find out if anyone has had any luck with Ikea Tradfri devices that aren't listed.

I'm specifically interested in the following:

Many thanks

@Royski (as I remember it) is the local king of the Ikea GU10s on HE. As I remember, they have been very stable on his setup.

With that said, I have 12 total on my HE hub and some others on my Hue hub. Occasionally, one will drop off or stop responding, but a quick toggle of the power fixes it. For $8 each, I'm not expecting them to be 100% flawless, so I'd say yes, they are compatible and work fairly well.

2 Likes

Hahaha, brilliant :joy: Thanks (I think lol).

I dont have that version of the GU10, as I'm tight and have no need for the CT ones, but see no reason they wouldnt be fine.

I've 13 of the dimmable GU10s, and these have been rock solid for me. And 6 e14s, again, rock solid :+1:

TBH, the only time they have messed me around has been due to others pulling the Hue plate off the light switch and using the switch. This shouldnt happen anymore, as I murdered them for it :joy:

3 Likes

Hey, credit where credit's due! You're the reason I even knew the GU10s were compatible in the first place! LOL Are yours connected to HE or Hue?

Hopefully you hid the bodies behind the Hue plate. :wink:

2 Likes

All my Ikea bulbs are connected to HE, I never had much luck pairing them with Hue. Although this could be due to the other 47 bulbs I have on there. (I didnt have that many when I tried though).

1 Like

Many thanks to you both. That's great news. I've placed an order now. :smile:

2 Likes

Do they repeat? or try to? If so, any problems? I got rid of all my Osram Bulbs about 3 months ago and all my issues stopped. But I would like some GU10's for my ceiling fans.

AFAIK, yes, they do repeat. I haven't verified that with XBee or anything, but I do know that my Ikea Drivers repeat, so logically, the bulbs should as well. So far, they haven't caused any problems, but I also have a ton of actual repeaters (plugs and Ikea Signal Repeaters) scattered about my house. So, any repeating the GU10s might do typically gets taken over by my plugs and repeaters anyhow.

This is my route map right now. Living Room TV Lights and Kitchen Cabinet Lights are both Ikea Drivers. Signal Repeater 1 is an Ikea Signal Repeater.

So as far as you know none of them show up in your routing table? My Osrams used to always show up. I also have plenty of repeaters, Iris 3210 Outlets.

They do from time to time, but none of those lights have been used since yesterday morning, so they don't aren't showing up in the routing table. I can take another snap tonight when they come on as that's usually when I see them pop in there.

Ok, thanks

Mine are repeating.

My Hue dimmers pretty much always use the Ikea devices to repeat through.

1 Like

With no issues? I used to have all kind of weird "happenings" with the Osrams.

Certainly dont appear to, and I've had them a long while.

One last question....are they on a separate hub?

Have them on my first HE hub which has all my devices connected, my second hub just runs the apps.

Ok, thanks for the info

1 Like

They are crap and have been craptastic for just about ever and a day. I've got ~40 Osram bulbs sitting up in my attic collecting dust as that's pretty much all they're good for. LOL

While the Ikea bulbs are cheap, and I've run into my share of bad bulbs from them, they outperform Osrams in terms of reliability easily.

I agree. I had issues on ST and didn't know why until I came to HE and folks started explaining why. Got rid of the Osram's and all has been good since.

1 Like

And the GE links were also bad.

2 Likes