Ikea Tradfri Compatibility with HE

I am having a great deal of sucess with the new Smart+ bulbs from Sylvania.
Not the format you're looking for, but for 9-10$ each I got th BR30 & A19.
WOW- now 8 bucks each for BR30's and the a19's are 7.50 each. I recieved all the newer FCC ID=DZO-LDV-AETHER(the previous FCC ID was "IQ-HOME" and were trouble. Some people say these newer bulbs sometimes fail, but with a 2 year warranty, I have no worries. Sylvania is great with returns.

same seller had a19's also

2 Likes

@Royski I thought the IKEA bulbs were ZLL though. Does HE support that directly??

You'd think wouldnt you, but my routing gives all sorts of wonderful things.

[Kitchen 10, CAEC] via [Kitchen 5, BADC] - Ikea bulb to Ikea bulb
[Kitchen 4, D019] via [Kitchen 8, 2878] - Ikea bulb to Ikea bulb
[Guest Bedroom Dimmer, 5B6B] via [Bubble Machine, E680] - Hue dimmer to Hive Zigbee Plug
[New Toilet Door, 55E3] via [Cabinet Dimmer 1, D09A] - ST Contact to Ikea Dimmer unit
[Master Bed Dimmer, 6291] via [Dresser, E55C] - Hue dimmer to Ikea Plug
[Kitchen Dimmer 1, AB4E] via [Fish Tank Light, 96E0] - Hue Dimmer to ST Plug
[Olivers Dimmer, 45A1] via [Cabinet Dimmer 1, D09A] - Hue Dimmer to Ikea Dimmer Unit
[Office Dimmer, E2BD] via [Office 1, AE05] - Hue Dimmer to Ikea Bulb
[Gazebo Amp, 807F] via [Office 1, AE05] Zigbee switch - Ikea Bulb
[Kitchen Dimmer 2, 08F6] via [Kitchen 5, BADC] - Hue dimmer to Ikea bulb
[Roys Lamp, 8226] via [Bubble Machine, E680] - Ikea bulb to Hive Plug
[Olivers Reading Light, B2E1] via [Bubble Machine, E680] Ikea Plug to Hive Plug

Intermeresting. Where do you see the routing table? Is that off the HE hub?

It is yes. http://HUB_IP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Do you happen to know where I can find the drivers for the GU10s as it's come up as "Driver" and I can't do anything with them.

These are the ones:

Thanks

I would try the "Generic Zigbee CT Bulb" driver.

1 Like

Change the device type from "Device" to Generic Zigbee Dimmer or Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev).

However, if they aren't being recognized by default, you might have bulbs that have older firmware on them and you should update it. The way to do that is to get the Ikea Gateway (you need the packaged one with the dimmer, I think), pair the bulbs to it, let them update and then repair them back to HE.

I've had to do that on about half of mine. It's a pain, but it works.

That was perfect it did the job nicely, thank you

Is there any way to tell via the packaging (I'd like to buy some of them), if the bulbs are "new" firmware or "old" firmware?

They work fine with the generic CT driver mentioned above.

My issue now is that I want to have them come on at different brightness depending on the time of day but I don’t have a smart switch - just an ordinary one. I can’t find a trigger event that can do it so may have to look for a rule that continually thinks it’s triggered.

Do you mean you are power cycling them at the switch? If so, that will always make them turn on at full brightness. You need yo leave the regular switch always on and purchase at least a smart button.

1 Like

There's a couple of triggers that will accomplish that. You could use Certain Time or Periodic Schedule. You don't need a smart switch or a button if you want them to be controlled simply by time schedules.

1 Like

I did try a few things like that but I think because they were switched off at the wall at the time the time triggered it didn’t get the instruction as there was no power to the bulbs.

Ahhhh yeah, you need to address the dumb switch situation in that case. Duct tape works well. :wink:

1 Like

I was hoping to keep a dumb switch to be honest. I figured that there would be a trigger based on powering up.

AFAIK, nope. Some of them that have been sitting on the shelf for awhile will have older firmware. That's why I keep the $35 Gateway on hand so that I can update them as needed.

These ones are shown as a new product over here in the UK. I have got them working well now.

I found a periodic trigger of 1 second so it works well with my dumb switch :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help

1 Like

The Canadian version is slightly different. Doesn't even have the Zigbee logo, but still says wireless.

1 Like