Ikea Blinds

oh, no, I did not make any changes to your Driver, I was saying that in order to see status update on dashboard for the blinds, I have to set up a rule for refresh command.

Perhaps compared to Lutron shades . . .

Oh...you mean cheaper compared to Lutron Shades? Well, I don't know about Lutron shades. But when I compare to Bali, the Ikea are only $20 cheaper for the same size motorized bali shades. That isn't a whole lot cheaper to me.

Basic fabric Lutron Serena minimum price is like 250 if i recall

Going to Lutron website and did a "Design your shade" looks like it's going to cost me around $640 for a battery-motorized, black-out roller shade in the color gray, basic design.
Our windows inner dimensions are 36" wide by 60" long, looking to mount on the outside of window frame so went with dimensions of 38" by 62".

https://www.serenashades.com/design-your-shade/

I've got blinds working with Hubitat using driver ported from ST. Blinds work well. The only problem that if blinds are paired with Hubitat then included remote will not work. There is a driver for a remote in ST, but I could not port it to Hubutat... Hopefully someone smarter then me will make it work.

But with the Ikea blinds, you'd have to use two of the 30" ones for $150 each and then you'll have a gap in the middle of them. So, i guess it all comes down to aesthetics and what you're willing to accept.

Can you provide a link for it? Remotes are very tricky because Hubitat doesn't handle Button Presses the same way ST does.

Yeah...this creates Child Button devices so I'm not even going to try and work through that one. Sorry. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will take a look. The new volume control for Ikea was bust since it sent duplicate messages. Not sure if this one is the same.

I tested driver in ST. Child devices are not necessary at all. Main device sends button pressed event for two buttons. Not even sure what are child devices for...

I recall a conversation somewhere about the remote for these not working. Pretty much all of the IKEA remotes seems to only support touch-link, so you can almost be assured it's not going to work. But there are lots of other remotes that are compatible with HE that should work just fine. One of the nicer ones is the Lutron Pico.

It it only supported touchlink there wouldn't be a ST driver.

I don't think that's correct. I was able to touchlink IKEA remotes in the past with both the SmartThings hub and the device (Trådfri bulbs), but could not do the same with HE. There seems to be some level of touchlink support on the ST hub.

Then the connected bulb remote would work with ST. The only reason you need to pair a TL remote to the hub is so the TL remote doesn't steal control from the hub/bridge. TL remote are controllers, so how would they work with the hub?

In the cases that I'm aware of, they are cheating by monitoring the state of the bulb. It's not really an integrated remote. I suspect if you looked at the related post in the ST community for that driver, they are probably doing a touch link with the remote to the hub, and then the shade.

1 Like

No, they're not actually. The remote is a button device. But I actually looked at the driver so I cheated I guess.

Not true.....
From my post above they make a 38" x 76" motorized roller shade and even a 48" x 76" motorized roller shade. Just not available yet in the US.

And we don't know how much those will cost in the US so you can't use them for comparison. Plus, for a 60" wide window, what are you going to use? A 48" and a 12"? That'll look great.

For a very brief period of time I saw all of the sizes listed on the IKEA website and posted the prices here. Ikea Blinds - #61 by craigspree

Rumor has it (Reddit...) that IKEA will finally sell and list all sizes on 11/1 in the US.

Obviously, shortly after I posted the prices above IKEA de-listed all the shades except for 2 sizes. Of the 2 sizes listed the prices matched what I posted earlier so I expect those will be the final prices we will see. Eventually we will find out. :slight_smile: