Ikea Blinds

Yeah not available for delivery to my zip code, and I only have one size at this point. So I'll just have to sit on my hands for a little while longer.

These might work great in our bedroom where my wife wants cellular blinds.

This driver code worked perfectly fine for me.

Now I have different challenge. All blinds or shades are having maximum height of 76 3/4" (195cm) and some of our windows are 82". So whenever I press open or set level to 100%, it only extends by 76 3/4". Is there anyway to tell the motor to extend blind beyond 76 3/4"?

I don't think so, and even if you could, I don't think it would matter. I just opened mine all the way and then took a look at the tube. When I push the fabric a bit, I can feel it resisting and hear a little of what sounds like glue separating. I'm pretty sure there is no more usable fabric to be had after it's fully extended.

I have this blind on a door with a transom and have a similar problem. The only thing I've thought about is buying one of the non-motorized blinds of the same width and then seaming another 18 inches or so of fabric onto the bottom of the blind. I wouldn't be able to roll that extra fabric up, so when it's fully "open" the transom would be covered.

I extended my blind cellular shade by gluing them together. It always goes up fully as the motor only stops when it get some resistance (looks like that is feedback). But when I open from fully closed position it only opens 76 3/4" (or set number of revolution) and then stops as there is no feedback loop. I am just wondering is this number of revolution hardcoded or can be changed. Or the solution is to increase the diameter of the rotor so that for set number of revolution, the amount of string extended is more.

Hi
I have TREDANSEN blinds, I am new to Hubitat.
Can you tell me how can I set up drivers for my blinds?

I have no experience with the TREDANSEN blinds but a comment above indicates they should work with Hubitat, presumeably treating them just like FYRTUR. I don't know if this will be much help but here are is my change log entry from when I installed my FYRTUR shades:

Installed IKEA Tradfri Zigbee repeater and first Fyrtur shade.

At this time, there is no way to pair both the IKEA provided remote and Hubitat to the same shade, so I didnā€™t even bother pairing/installing the remote. Instead, Iā€™ll use Hubitat to control it. Keep in mind that regardless, the shade can be controlled by pushing the up and down buttons on the shade itself to the left for the battery compartment.

Note that the Tradfri repeater is simply a Zigbee repeater. The provided repeaters arenā€™t necessary to the shadeā€™s operation and can be used independently as a repeater where needed.

Generally followed steps below (italicized) found at Ikea Blinds - #114 by nkyspike, although I used a different driver (see below).

Step 1 - charge the battery pack. Itā€™s 2,600 MAh and reports Iā€™ve read state it should ā€˜last several months on a chargeā€™.

Step 2 - Pair the Tradfri repeater in an outlet relatively close to the shade. To pair: Plug in the repeater into the USB plug and then into your outlet. The light will come on steady. To get it in pairing mode, with the repeater plugged in, use a safety-pin/sewing needle and insert it into the small hole next to the USB socket, you will feel the reset button and hold that down with the pin for 10-15 seconds. Remove the pin/needle and the white LED should start to blink. Then set your Hub to Zigbee discovery.

Step 3 - Mount/install the shade hardware - pretty basic and quick

Step 4 - Insert the battery pack into the blinds. There are two small buttons to the left of the battery door that manually operate the shade up and down.

Step 5 - Install the User Driver from @Ryan780 (thank you @Ryan780 ! ) which can be copied from this post (updated to version with battery reporting): Ikea Blinds

Step 6 - Pair the shade by following @Kev ā€˜s post quoted here. Remember to use the driver from step 5. After the LED on the blind turns on, set your Hub to Zigbee Pairing mode.

Kev:

Ok Managed to pair It this way.

Pair repeater with He.
Reboot He.
Reset blind:-
For wireless roller blind:
Press on both buttons for 5 seconds. A LED
will blink once to confirm the reset.

Step 7 - Set the Max Open and close states for the shade. Get the shade where you want it to be ā€˜most Openā€™ either via the manual buttons next to the battery or by using Hubitat device page/dashboard. Then double-tap the down button on the shade to the left of the battery pack. The shade will move up and down 1 CM if it was set properly. This now is equal to ā€˜100ā€™ open for the shade.

Used the driver referenced in post [RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds found at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/master/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code.

Everything worked OK, but there are no good instructions for setting the max shade length; that is, when to stop when it is closing the shade. This is a one-time thing after the shade gets paired, but since it is Zigbee, it is relatively easy to re-pair. To start the pairing process, hold down both the up and down buttons (on the shade itself to the left of the battery compartment) until the LED lights. Then discover device in Hubitat. After pairing, you can put the shade down to its desired max length and then double tap either of the up or down buttons on the shade. If the process worked, the shade will roll up then back down just a centimeter or so.

2 Likes

I will add, I found @a4refillpad's driver to work much better for the Ikea blinds. I submitted a pull request on that driver with two updates (Tresdansen fingerprint and battery percentage): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/76165b05e952ca1a9e152905df9a8b0dc03392c2/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code

1 Like

looks like these blinds work great with HE - just to confirm can you connect the blind direct to HE if you have a strong zigbee network or do you have to use their supplied received (that says it must be within 10m of the blind?)

thank you

Just two posts backā€¦

1 Like

Isnt there button somewhere that works with hubitat (non-ikea generic)? If so then could program that to update the ikea device in hubitat.

Was your pull request picked up by @a4refillpad for his driver? Didn't seem to be listed in his change summary at the top of the driver.

*  added fallback refreshing calls if blinds decide not to update status
 *  added position event updates to track realtime open percentage in dashboard
 *  added max open percentage preference (optional)
 *  added hardOpen function in case you need to reset blind height occasionally esp useful with above function
 *  added fix to execute the open function if "setposition 100" occurs - this allows Dashboard and Alexa to acknowledge max open level
 *  fixed bug with final state of blinds, now always ending with either open or closed state
 *  added hubitat standard debug and info toggles
 *. added on/off switch events and methods for better group and dashboard compatibility
 *  limited the reporting frequency of the blind level in order to prevent overloading the zigbee stack on hubitat and removed some legacy code

Could you consider merging your exits with a4refillā€™s git master code so we donā€™t end up with 50 versions of this driver?

@danabw My pull request has not been integrated by @a4refillpad yet.
@christian.busch The whole intention of the pull request was to integrate my changes into @a4refillpad 's driver. You can view the status of the pull requests here:
https://github.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/pulls
Not much I can do to force @a4refillpad to accept the pull requests, sorry. If you want that code with the changes (pull request), here is that link again:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/76165b05e952ca1a9e152905df9a8b0dc03392c2/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code

2 Likes

He hasn't posted since April of this year as far as I can tell, so maybe he's moved on...

At some point if he stays away, would you be interested in forking his content? Not trying to volunteer you, just curious.

Is there a way to integrate the Fyrtur blinds and keep the the physical up/down button yet? Wife like the stability of the button and not having to talk to Alexa three times to get it to work. She can never remember the correct phrases.

Must be my wife's sister. :wink: Manages a $500M budget at work, but can't remember "Hey Google, turn on the island lights." :man_shrugging:

From what I've read you can't have both your Fyrtur blinds integration w/HE and your Fyrtur button at the same time.

You should be able to use a generic Zigbee button, like SonOff's button, (or if you are using the Lutron integration, a Pico) and set that up to control open/close for the blinds via Button Controller app, Rule Machine, etc.

Hi, not moved away. Its just that habitat is so stable now I've not needed to mess around with it like smartthings needed to. I'll get that pull request done

6 Likes

Great! :slight_smile: Love it. As a SmartThings veteran I know what you mean.

Thanks for dropping back in. I don't assume any dev owes us anything, and hope my comments didn't cause you any concern. Always thankful for the enhancements provided by the community.

4 Likes

I'm curious what kinds of setups people have done with these blinds - multiples in one room all controlled together, and such.

I'm considering buying the cellular shades and I'd need at least two for any room I'm putting them in.

I have 6 in one room and 3 in another room. They give me zero problems.

I use them with variables joined with a dimmer connector called kitchen blinds and landing blinds respectively.

TRIGGER dimmer variable connector changes.
THEN dim group blinds to blind variable value.

This is useful because a button can be used to raise and lower to 0 or 100

Or if you rename the virtual dimmer connector in the amazon app to "Kitchen Blinds for example". Then Alexa can be used for various heights "Alexa Open Kitchen Blinds 48 percent" Alexa close the blinds etc

1 Like